Chap. 5 ~ Talk on the Docks

~~~~~~/Anna's POV/~~~~~~ (3 Day's Later)

"Ugh!!" I groan as I wake up.

"Morning sleepy head." Katelyn says. I sit up and face her.

"Morning Lady Bitter B-" I start but get cut off.

"ANNA! LANGUAGE!" Zoey screams.

"Take a chill pill. I was gonna say Bestie!" I say unconvincingly while crashing back into the bed.

"Anna... Get up. Aphmau wanted to speak with you down by the docks." Laurence said.

"No." I sass back.

"Sass me again and I'll kiss you." Laurence says.

"Try me, Mr. Casanova." I sass.

"Oh you're on!" Laurence screams.

"Lady Katelyn?" I ask suggestively.

"Gladly! Just kidding! You're on your own with this one." Katelyn taunts.

"UGHHH!!! FINE!" I scream. I get up and wait for Laurence to make his move. He comes at me with his sword. Goes for a swing but I grab his sword at the handle. He grabs my waist and pulls me in.

"Time for that kiss!" He says.

"That's it." I say then punch him in the face and elbow his stomach.

"Ow..." He winces in pain and falls to the floor clenching his stomach.

"Peace." I say while jumping from branch to branch and climb down the tree without using the ladder. I make my way to the docks to meet up with Lady Aphmau.

"Lady Zoey said you wished to speak with me...?" I say while meeting up with her.

She stays silent for a moment.

"Lord Aphmau?" I ask.

"You can drop the formalities and I'm not even a lord..." She says.

"Lord Aphmau... I was told that you are the leader of the Phoenix Alliance, an alliance that contains, Phoenix Drop, New Meteli and Chickenteli whatever that is,. A person who is able to not only lead one village to prosper but many is worthy of more than the title of Lord." I say.

"I see you did some research on me." Aphmau said.

"That Emmalyn girl is infatuated with you along with the Matron... or should I say you?" I ask.

"H-how do you know about that?" Aphmau asked shocked.

"Emmalyn is quite the chatterbox when she starts talking about the Matron Irene... I wish she knew more about the other Divine Warriors though." I say with a sour look on my face.

"Why?" Aphmau asks.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask nervously.

"Nothing really, I just sort of wanted to get to know more about you." She says with a vibrant smile.

"Alright... What do you want to know?" I ask.

"The deep stuff!" She says.

"Deep stuff?" I question.

"Yea! Like... What's you're favorite color?" She asks.

"Red. You?" I said.

"Purple! Obviously." She giggles while gesturing to her purple and black armour.

I give her a small smile.

"So... Does anyone catch your fancy?" She asked.

"Hmm? ... Not really. What about you?" I respond.