o n e y e a r a n n i v e r s a r y

disclaimer: the events in this chapter do not pertain to the storyline.

side story 05: part 2

"I must say Miss Kim, this past year with you by my side has been... quite the experience." Jimin walks around his big CEO desk to the chair I was seated at.

Only one year of us being boyfriend and girlfriend after two years of dating without labels, can you believe this guy? It should have been our 3 year anniversary today but it was our 1 year, smh.

My boyfriend slowly and teasingly finds his way to stand in front of me, his hands in his pockets and his eyes gazing down at my seated form, we were really close, nearly touching. I was this close to smacking his dick out of my face. But I don't, "Well Mr. Park I can confidently say likewise."

He smirks and takes a step back, putting out his palm for me to hold, "Then, shall we?"

With a smile I pick up my hand bag with one hand and place my other into his.

Jimin brings my hand to his lips and presses a small kiss onto the top of my hand with a mischievous smile, I only role my eyes and lead us to interlock elbows as we walk out of his office.

Jimin giggles, breaking character and I remove my hand from his and pull him into a side hug as we walk, which he gladly returns.

+

With our tummies full with really nice food from the fancy restaurant we decided to eat at today, we sit in the car, in front of the hotel we were going to stay at for the weekend after driving here, nearly in a food coma.

Jimin snaps me out of my trance, "Ready to find out what married life would be like?"

My eyes go wide married life? Jimin's look of mischief returns and I let out an exasperated huff before unbuckling my belt and then reaching over to unbuckle his.

Spontaneously, I decide to climb over the cup holders in the car and sit on my boyfriends lap, who's more than shocked, and pull him into a passionate kiss.

Well that's one way to avoid an embarrassing conversation, put the embarrassment on the other person, am I right?

I tilt my head and deepen the kiss, Jimin's hands find his way to my waist and lay there for a while before we pull away for air.

"What was that for?" Jimin asks in between gasping breaths of air.

I focus on steadying my breath and bite my lip in thought, I nod to the door and get off of him. We exit the car on our respective sides and by then we have our breathing in order. "I needed to shut you up somehow."

I follow Jimin to the back of the car where he opens the trunk and pulls out the two small suitcases we had decided to bring.

"Is that a good shut up or bad shut up?" Jimin asks with a small laugh as we walk and he hands our bags to a staff member.

"It's always a good good shut up." I say teasingly, looking up at Jimin with a small smile, he only smirks in response and we enter the elevator.

Our hands find each other at some time in the elevator and we walk to the hotel room hand in hand, until I break apart to open the hotel door for us.

I open the door and feel like I'm in another dimension, I take a step back but Jimin catches me and urges me forward.

The modern design caught me off guard, "I-It's like a whole ass house but... expensive, Jimin I thought we were going to a hotel!!"

He chuckled, "This is a hotel."

We explore a bit, looking into the decently spacious living room and kitchen in absolute shock before I notice something that particularly catches my attention, "Jimin, there's a couch pit!!"

"And there's a hot tub underneath it." Jimin adds, much to my surprise.

"THERES A HOT TUB UNDERNEATH IT?!" My eyes go wide and I kick off my heels and jump into the pit, Jimin laughs, "You get amazed by the littlest things sometimes."

"Jimin... there's a hot tub under the already abnormal pit couch and I'm supposed to think that's a chill thing?! Like everyone has an indoor hot tub under their pit couch?!"

Jimin puts his hands up in surrender and I lean back into the comfortable pit before sitting back up when I see Jimin pick up a remote, he's not going to open up the hot tub is he?

Jimin clicks a button and a noise alerts me from behind, I turn to see the curtain rise to reveal the floor to ceiling window that gave a beautiful view of Seoul in the nighttime. My jaw drops and I get out of the couch to get a closer view of the city and beautiful twinkling stars.

...Staring out into the city in the cool ass pit couch with Jimin? That was nothing short of paradise. It was always the little things that got me, Jimin was right, "It's so... pretty."

"More than pretty." I turn to Jimin's voice, only to see him, staring straight at me instead of out into the view.

On one knee.

"Kim Mirae, the years I've spent with you have, without a doubt, been the best in my life. You are more than the beautiful sky and stars to me, you are my entire universe." Jimin takes out a ring box from his jacket pocket and opens it to me, "Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

My jaw drops and my eyes water uncontrollably, "Jimin......"

I rush into his arms, ignoring the ring and hugging him tight, sobbing with no sign of stopping into his shirt.

"So is that a—"

"Yes."

a/n
Hey guys, I bring you this special chapter because today, October 20th is the day this book turns one year old. Honestly, it's felt like a lot longer, I've gone through so much change since I started writing, it feels insane. This is the first book that I have decided to keep published. I've published other works in my lifetime so I can't say that this is my first work but this is the first of my works that are still published today to be published. Mirae and Jimin's story still has A LOT to develop and let me tell you, it's been a year but we haven't even gone through half of the stuff I have planned for this book!! I hope to see you at the end of it all! Lots of love, Lilly <3