t h a n k s g i v i n g s p e c i a l

disclaimer: the events in this chapter do not pertain to the storyline.

side story 01

Jimin's Point of View

Mirae and I uncomfortably shift in the empty classroom, only the two of us occupy the still space.

I can't help but to look over at her every so often and wonder why she was here.

I observe her almost lifeless body seated at her desk, stareing blankly at the floor.

It pained me so much to see that empty look in her eyes, I would never forgive myself if I didn't ask what was wrong, and if I didn't make it right.

"Why are you here on our day off?" I finally ask after a moment of thought. I watch as she fixes her poster in her seat and takes a deep breath. She doesn't look at me, instead she looks everywhere but at me.

"I forgot something in class..." Mirae blatantly responds. "I could ask to same to you. What are you doing here Mr. Park?"

"I forgot something at my desk" I reply simply, almost mocking and hinting that I could see through her. "It doesn't look like you're searching for anything." I comment.

Her gaze falls to the floor and she lightly mumbles a response I can barely hear, "Some things aren't visible to the human eye."

As if I did not hear her (as she did not want to be heard), I call her name, "Mirae?"

No response.

"Mirae?" I call again with more desperation, "Are you okay?"

I watch her body tense uncomfortably, she stumbles over her own words, "Huh— I uh... yes..."

I begin to walk over to her desk slowly, as if testing the waters and seeing how she would react. "Mirae, you know I don't like it when you hide things from me."

My demanding reaction finally allows her to look up, "I— uh— Mr. Park?—" She stutters.

"Jimin." I correct, ultimately stopping my slow walk in front of her desk.

"Jimin-ssi," She starts, I sigh and give up with trying to break down the formalities "Can I talk to you?" She hesitantly asks.

My eyes widen and I take a seat on the desk in front of hers, not breaking and maintaining our eye contact. "Of course Mirae, anything."

"Jimin-ssi—" I analyze her state, her whole body shakes in fear of opening up and accidentally coming undone. Her hands look as if they were freezing up as they had taken on a very pale tone. Her body is hesitant but finally, she aids to my suspense. "I... I think I'm lonely."

I heart tightens uncomfortably at her words and my eyes involuntarily water at her words. "Mirae-ah, why do you feel that way?" I ask, forcing my voice not to quiver. With this I pick up her ice cold hands and warm them it in between mine.

"I don't have anyone to... spend the holiday with," I try to catch her expression but she turns her gaze down onto her desk, more specifically our hands and it's near impossible to do so. My mouth gapes as I feel a small droplets if liquid fall onto my hands that we're protecting here, she was crying. "thanksgiving is meant to be a holiday in which families reunite and recite what they're thankful for but... with my parents always at work... sure I'm thankful for the money they make but... without my parent's love, what emotions am I truly thankful for?" Her voice cracks every so often and I feel my heart shatter at her words. She continues.

"I guess, I'm here to find the love of my friends that I experience everyday to fill the void of the love I never received from my parents, but..." she hesitates once again, "...with the school completely empty, I can't help but to feel alone."

I bite harshly onto my lip and speak through the emotional torture, "Mirae you're not alone."

Her head jolts up, revealing her tear stained cheeks. I inhale deeply. "Look around, what do you see, Mirae?"

Her head turns to follow my orders before she speaks, "Empty chairs."

I grit my teeth and grab her chin. I force her to look into his eyes and she allows me to do so without complaint. My once angered expression softens at her pain and I use my thumb to softly trace over her cheeks and get rid of any remains of tears before letting go with one hand to retreat back to her hands and softly cup her face with the other. "I'm here, Mirae. As long as I am breathing, you will never be alone." We sit in silence with nothing to occupy our time but staring into each other's eyes.

"Jimin?" Her melodic and now somewhat soothed voice calls. I nod lightly and she removes one of her hands from my grasp. She embraces one side of my face with her delicate touch and leans in.

Shit is this happening?

"I'm thankful for you."

She continues to lean in, as do I, but it feels as though it would take a million years for our lips to connect.

a/n
no, they didn't kiss.

Surprise! I'm publishing a new story!

Look out for this cover on my account, the first chapter will be published today! (note: it is currently published)

Happy Holidays! Thanks for reading!