27 |

🖤 Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well and embracing every day. Writing these past few chapters has made me pretty sentimental, and makes me want to give everyone I love an extra tight hug. So go do that —give your person a hug and appreciate them. 🖤

I woke up on our plane with a startled gasp; my heart was beating wildly and I felt like I had been gasping for air moments ago. I clutch my chest tightly, panting and looking around for Paxton. It was instinct.

He was near —sleeping soundly in a chair a few meters to my left. His head was tilted back as he rested; he looked at peace. Calm. I tried not to note the way his body twitched as I had woken up. I knew it was because of our connection, and our bond. He probably didn't even realize his body had been reacting similarly to mine.

I shake my head and look out the plane window, slighting leaning over to look —yep, I thought. Still in the air. I sigh and sit back in my chair a little more straighter. I tilt my head back slightly in the seat, willing myself to go back to sleep just to get this ride over with, but it was to no avail. My eyes fly open as I suddenly recall the dream I had moments ago, which had caused me to jolt awake. I swallow tightly, my throat suddenly feeling like it was closing in. Like I was suffocating.

I squeeze my eyes shut, aiming to clear certain images out of my head. It didn't work.

All I could see was blonde hair, almost brown looking when it was wet —floating in water. Hands appeared in the vision, yanking at chains that kept me restrained. I was screaming — bubbles were coming out and there was nothing I could do. I was drowning. I was dying.

No, I thought fiercely. It wasn't me drowning. It wasn't me dying.

It was Hana.

The person I hadn't wanted to leave on the other side. My person.

~

"I can't wait for tomorrow," Paxton tells me with a cheeky smile as he interlocks my fingers with his own. We had got off the plane, and were now back in the North Redridge Pack.

My pack.

Tomorrow, we were going to be officially mated in front of the entire pack. It seemed like it was happening so fast —too fast. Paxton assured me that this was completely normal, and since we had consummated our mating it was best that we do this as soon as possible. As per tradition within our pack.

Our pack — it still felt foreign to say.

"I'm nervous," I admitted back to him. "Now the entire pack will know that we are mates. What if I'm not what they want? They all thought I was human, and I'm not a wolf either." I felt shame burning on my face. How was I supposed to lead a race, if I could never truly fit in?

"You and I were fated to be together. You are exactly what this pack wants and needs," Paxton tells me with complete confidence. I scan his face to see if I can detect any trace of a lie. I couldn't. "You were made for this—"

Paxton is abruptly cut off with a knock coming from the bedroom door. Our bedroom door, that we now shared. I look to him with a confused look — one that says 'who is it?'

Teague, he mouths silently to me before going to open the door. It the midst of so much chaos, I had almost forgotten the fact that Teague held a grudge against me. I fist my hands at my sides. He always knew something about Quinn was off; and he was right. And he had called the Alpha Meeting in the first place.