24 |

As his lips melted into my skin, I understood why Adira was so quick to become physical with Klayton again.

This was the only time I could ever feel fully alive.

His lips found mine. I felt something then that I had never felt before, that short, simple, sweet kiss was no different from the many others we had shared. But this was different because I was ready —ready to fully open myself to this man.

I leaned into his touch, I felt my hands bunching up his shirt, grasping for any chance to be closer to him. He let me fall into him, he grasped the sides of my face, forcing me to extend my neck.

I looked him in the eyes. He opened his mouth as if to speak, but his eyes searched my face for another minute before finding the words.

"You are better than I ever desired, you make me want to be better because you deserve nothing but the very best."

I shuddered at his words. I didn't get the chance to respond before his lips were smashing back on mine. The greenhouse walls seemed to shake at the electricity that flowed off us.

I had an idea, a potentially dangerous one, but I was ready to tempt Paxton.

I backed away, but our night together was far from over.

His eyes shot open at the loss of contact. He saw me backing away and immediately stepped forward. He looked concerned as if he had scared me off. He put his hands up, palms outward, telling me he meant no harm.

The gesture meant a lot, but this wasn't the side of Paxton I wanted to see right now.

"Stay," I spoke, bringing my hand up like a stop sign as I took another step backwards.

Paxton's brow furrowed, he was putting together that I was the opposite of afraid —I was turned on.

My hands went to the hem of my shirt and I began to pull it over my head.

I could see Paxton shift his weight forward, at the slightest inclination that he was going to come after me I put my shirt down again.

A pout formed on his face.

I tried again, this time as I backed away Paxton stood very still, I stood in my bra, about ten paces away, and I turned, taking off my bra, and darting into the greenery.

I could hear his breathing, this game was getting difficult for him.

I took my pants off and thew them over the top of a bushel of flowers.

His growl filled the room, echoing off the walls.

"Theia, stop this."

I slid my underwear down my legs. I dropped them on the ground where I stood. I started walking deeper into the greenhouse. I was going to need the headstart.

"Make me."

And I ran, my laughs could probably be heard back at the main house.

I could hear him searching for me.

And his growl when he found my underwear.

"I am keeping these for later," he said into the air. He knew I heard him.

I wanted him so much at this moment, I almost gave up running at that moment.

I wanted to be in his arms. I could feel things inside me that I had not felt in a long time. I could feel the passion and desire for more of his touch starting to build. All that was in my thoughts was him and his caressing touch.