1 |

"Stop," I lightly scold. "I don't always need my sister fussing over me." My hands soothe down the wrinkles on clothes we just purchased. Black leggings, and a red shirt that had a bit of a risqué neck line —nothing out of the ordinary, just as we wanted. However, Destiny has always tried to control things.

Her name truly suits her.

My eyes roam over to her. Her pink bob-cut and black outfit is what makes her stand out the most amongst other people. It saddens me that many people don't know her the way I have. The way her eyes light up when she has a new idea, the way her nose crunches up when she laughs.

Instead, she's known as a wanted woman; for murder. We've fled Myersdale, the town that we've held so closely to our hearts for so long —our home.

It isn't safe anymore, not when he is out there looking for us.

Destiny killed his one true love —his mate— for me, and now he is seeking to avenge her recent death. I shake the trailing thoughts out of my head, instead focusing on my sister who has risked everything for me.

"Destiny, where will we go? I'm scared." I admit to my sister, tears brimming in the corners of my eyes. She sighs, and comes closer to me. Taking one look at the expression on my face, she wraps me in her warm embrace.

"We aren't going anywhere, sis. I'm getting you the hell away from me."

Her words make me stumble back; I am too shocked at what she was saying to even hold myself up right, and I need to look her in the eyes to make sure I am hearing her correctly. My mouth parts, and confusion builds up inside of me.

"W-What?" I shake my head. "No. I'm going with you,"

"Alpha Klayton wants me dead, Theia. The only way for you to be safe is for you to be away from me." I begin to question her but she holds up one hand, cutting me off. "Save it. I'm not changing my mind about this one. He's never seen what you look like, so he'll never find you."

"So, what? You did all of this just so you and I would be split apart?" I spit, angrily. "You killed that girl, and now I'm never going to see you again?" I wasn't actually mad at Destiny, I was just upset with the situation and she was the perfect outlet right now.

"No Theia," she hisses. "I did all of this so you would be alive,"

~

"Are you sure about this?" I ask Destiny softly, gazing at her as she drives. It was dark outside now, and even when looking outside the windows I was met with pitch black. We had been driving for hours, and I knew we had to be somewhere quite remote.

Somewhere far from Alpha Klayton.

"I'm sure, Theia. I don't want you living in fear, and you'll be safe here," She tells me. "We've just entered a pack territory. It won't be long before they discover you."

"Me?" I panic in my seat, turning frantically to face her. "Destiny, I'm not ready! I don't know how to act; especially around wolves."

Destiny quickly glances at me, and a small smirk dances on the side of her mouth. My eyebrows knit in confusion.

"That's exactly what I was planning on," she chuckles and then her face turns serious; her grip tightening on the wheel. The action makes my stomach churn uneasily. "Theia, there isn't much time now. Dark magic may conceal your identity, but you have to play the part as well. You're human,"

I gulp at her emphasis and a tear slides down my face. I angrily wipe it away and place one hand on hers, above the steering wheel.