~ The Art of Starting Over ~

Începe de la început

"I didn't even get to tell them I love them because of the fight we had. When I got to the hospital, I didn't leave until they were discharged"

"What was it like for you when Demi woke up? What happened?"

"I felt like I could breathe again. I had my hands in one of theirs when Demi opened their eyes. I told them that I love them and that I'm here and they looked me dead in the eyes and said 'Who is that? Who just spoke just then?'. That is something you don't want your partner to say. I told  Demi it was me and they went into more of a panic and said 'I can't see anything! Babe I can't see you. I need to you'. I looked back at the doctors and nurses and they all pushed us out of the room to figure out why they couldn't see" I finish the details and wipe some stray tears off my cheeks.

"Do you want a break Y/N?" I nod and take the mini microphone and battery pack off me before walking quickly into the kitchen.

I lean over the sink and try to breathe but it doesn't work. I feel a hand on my back and I jump a little and turn to see Demi. They look over me and knows what's going on. Demi takes my hand and puts it on their heart.

"I'm good baby. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, okay?" I nod and a single tear falls from my eye.

"There's one more to do and it's with me. You ready?"

We go over to the two seats and take a deep breath before sitting down.

"You ready?" Demi asks as they intertwines our hands.

"More than ready"

"3,2,1 and action" The director says. 

"The first time you got sober was in response to the facts that your parents said you can't see your girlfriend Y/N. And then to bring it full circle, you couldn't see your girlfriend in a literal sense" Demi cries and you squeeze your intertwined hands.

"It's crazy how the world works. I got sober once and I can do it again" We talk a little bit more about how everything has affected us as a couple and what the future holds. 

After everyone finishes, the cameras and lighting are taken down. Demi and I went upstairs, hand in hand and got changed into some pjs. We get into bed and I cuddle up to Demi and think about our lives from that low point to now. I didn't even realise I'm crying until Demi shifted, causing me to fall on the pillow.

"Baby"

"I'm okay, I was just thinking about everything. I'm okay, really" I say looking up at Demi with a half smile.

"Can I ask you something?" Demi asks.

"Anything babe, what's up?"

"Why did you stay with me? You had so many chances to leave me" I sat up and gave Demi a weird look as to say why are you asking this question.

"Remember that pinky promise we made back when we started dating? I promised you that I would never leave, no matter how ugly or bad it got. I'm not going anywhere"

"I love you Y/N"

"I love you more Dems"

4 weeks later... March 23  

I put on my last heel and I hear Demi walk up the stairs.

"Hey baby, the car is- holy shit you look beautiful" I look up and Demi still can't believe their eyes.

We walk down to the car and Demi opens the door for me. I kiss their cheek as I get into the car and scoot over so Demi can get in. We start driving to the Beverly Hilton and Demi intertwines their hand with mine.

"Thank you for coming tonight"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world baby" I lean across and give Demi a soft kiss.

We arrive and Demi is whisked away to do soundcheck for some songs they is singing later. 

"Are you coming, love?" I nod and follow Demi to the stage.

After some practicing, it's time for Demi to perform some of their new songs. As they performs, everyone in their cars are beeping and yelling/screaming out the window. When Demi finishes, they start their little speech.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming tonight. I really means a lot me. To my family, I just want to say thank you for sticking by me. Y/N, you had many opportunities to leave but you chose to stay. You put your career on hold for me and I can't express what that means to me. You are an incredible person and I love you so much, I can't describe it"

I yell to Demi that I love them too and they must of heard me over all the car horns and yelling because they turned around and winked at me. After Demi's speech, we walk back to the room and Demi sits down on a chair, pulling me on their lap. I wrap my arms around Demi's neck and give them a kiss on their butterfly tattoo as the timer starts, counting down for the launch first episode. 

"I'm so proud of you" I say as I cup Demi's cheek.

"I'm proud of you too. I've been thinking, I'm going to take some time off to support your career since you stopped playing for me"

"Babe- No Y/N, you took half a year off for me. The least I could do okay? I've talked to your club manager and Jill and they both said it's okay for me to stay with you for club and national games since the other girls bring people. Let me do this please? Plus you need to introduce me to your national teammates"

"Okay. I love you so damn much" I smash my lips onto Demi's and we can wolf whistles by Sirah and Matthew in the background.

"I love you too. I promise I'm going to replace this soon" Demi says twirling my promise ring around. I squeal and cuddle into Demi, with them kissing the top of my head.

"This is it my love. We are both starting over, together"