~ High School ~

2008... Dallas, Texas

Y/N's POV:

I get my first and second period books out of my locker and quickly walk to class since I'm late. Just as I turn around I bump into someone and we both fall to the ground. I look up and see a girl in my grade, Demi. She's been my crush for the longest time.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask her as I pick up her books and help her up.

"I uh yeah I'm fine" I smile at her and give Demi her books back.

"Let's get going to class"

We walk together to English class and the teacher gives us a look. We take our seats and I start to write down the work on the board. About 30 minutes later, a piece of paper gets passed to my desk. I pick it up and it reads 'Petition for Demi to kill herself'. What the actual fuck? I look under the title and see at least 20 or 30 names. What did she do to anyone? She's the sweetest person in this entire grade. I read the names and it's basically all the bitches and dicks in the grade. I look up in the top corner and the people who created it, wrote their names on it. Unbelievable

The bell goes and I put my books away before going to the cafeteria. I grab my food and see Demi sitting with a few of her friends. I look at her for a few seconds and give her a smile and subtle wink, making her blush slightly. I smile to myself and go find a spare table to sit at.

"Hey Y/N! You know we're sitting over here" My friend Ashley yells across the cafeteria.

"Yeah I'm coming over" I say walking over her.

"What the fuck Ashley?"

"What did you just say to me?" Ashley says raising her voice slightly.

"I saw the petition, are you that stupid to write your names on it?" I say laughing while putting my lunch on the table.

"So what, Demi should kill herself. All her friends are just faking it because they feel bad for her" Ashley said a bit too loud then I see Demi run out of the cafeteria. I know after I give my friends a piece of my mind, I have to go after her.

"You are such a bitch, you know that? I honestly don't know why I'm still friends with you. You were supposed to be my best friend. You know I have a crush on her"

"She's not good for you"

"And how would you know what's good for me, huh?" I say getting in her face.

"I just know, you have to trust me"

"After what you just pulled, you are never getting my trust again" I grab my soda can, shake it up then open it right in Ashley's face.

I run out of the cafeteria and to the one place I know Demi would be, the music room. I run to the music room to hear the piano being played. I quietly open the door but the damn thing squeaks which causes Demi to jump and look at me.

"Hey, sorry I didn't want to scare you" I say closing the door.

"It's um okay" Demi says quietly. I sit on the stairs and face her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I mean they've been doing it for years now so I'm kind of used to it"

"I'm so sorry I didn't stop them before. You know after you ran out I defended you"

"Really?" Demi asks shocked.

"Really really. Plus soda looks good on Ashley" I told her how I shook up the can and sprayed it on her.

"Thank you for defending me Y/N"

"It was nothing. Everyone needs defence once in a while. How about we ditch this place and we can hang at my house?" I suggest.