~ The Art of Starting Over ~

Y/N's POV:
I was mixing the pancake batter for a surprise breakfast for Demi when I feel two arms wrap around my waist and soft kisses on my neck. I jump in surprise and turn around to see a giggling Demi.

"Good morning love, pancakes for breakfast?" Demi questions.

"Chocolate chip ones actually" I say as my arms go around Demi's neck, pulling them closer and playing with their short black hair.

"Can I ask you something?" Demi asks almost nervous.

"Anything angel"

"So, I've been talking to Scooter about doing a documentary series to set the records straight about 2018 and tell everyone what happened in detail. You don't have to but I was wondering if you could do an interview for it next week?"

Demi was looking down and playing with a loose thread on my shirt. I lifted their head up and kissed them softly.

"I would be honored to do an interview for you" Demi kissed me again then pulled away excitedly.

"Thank you baby, I'm going to call Scooter" Demi cutely ran up to their phone and I chuckled and got to making the pancakes.

Next week...

I finish tucking my shirt into my jeans and I hear a knock on the door. I yell out a 'come in' and I see Demi walk through with big smile on their face.

"Wow...you look beautiful"

"Thank you babe. I hope I don't ruin the make-up if I cry. It's amazing"

"I got Jill to use all waterproof stuff so you don't have to worry about it. Are you ready to go?" Demi asks.

"Yeah just let me get something"

I go to my bedside table and get out the promise ring that Demi got me. I put it on then intertwine my fingers with Demi's before going down to where the interview is happening. I sit down in the chair and instantly get nervous. I see Demi sitting down behind the interviewer, the director starts counting down and then it begins.

"So tell me what happened when you found out about Demi's overdose?" The interviewer starts off.

"You don't ease into it do you?" I joke as I re-adjust myself on the seat. "Do you want all the details?" I look at Demi and they nod.

"I was on the bus on the way to training as I had a national team game in a few days. I was sitting next to Tobin and I got a phone call from Dianna. I knew something happen as she only calls a few times a week to check up on me. Tobin picked up on my panicked state and yelled at Megan to shut the music off. I answered the phone and my world fell apart" I wipe tears from my eyes and I see Demi give me a tissue box. I silently thank them and dab the tears away.

"I remember finishing the call with Dianna and obviously no one knew what was going on. Coach told everyone to get off the bus and I just couldn't move. I went to stand up and my legs turned to jello, luckily I held onto the seat before I fell. Everyone around me was asking if I was okay and I just ignored them and ran out of the bus. I leaned against the wall and had a pretty serious panic attack. Tobin went to get one of the medical staff but I stopped her as I knew it was going to pass. I saw Jill before I left and said 'Demi had an overdose. I don't know if I can come back'. She told me not to worry and that she will re-do the roster for the tournament of nations coming up. Tobin offered to drive me as Jill suggested it. My mind went back to the last time I spoke to Demi and we fought about something bad. The only thing I thought of on the rest of the car ride was 'oh shit, what if that was the last time I ever spoke to them? I didn't-" I stop myself as I get choked up.