Chap. 27 ~ His Choice

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~/Levin's POV/~~~~~~

Aphmau and I heard a loud bang noise as if there was an explosion, we begin running towards the area and when we arrive we see someone there...

Aphmau spots him and runs to him smiling. "G-GARROTH!"

I stand at the wall, not wanting to interrupt the reunion, I just stare at the massive hole that left damaged to the forest and the Phoenix Drop wall.

"Aphmau..." Garroth says.

"Garroth! I've missed you so much. How in the name of Irene did you get out of there?!" Aphmau asks.

Garroth lowers his head and looks at the bandana he is holding.

"Garroth?! Wait... That bandana... That's-" Aphmau looks as if she is about to cry.

"Aphmau... I'm sorry..." Garroth says.

Aphmau begins to cry then screams...

I look at my crying mother than at the giant hole... My heart breaks... Knowing Aaron is gone... My eyes slowly look up and towards the tree line and I see someone on the ground, also crying... Who is that? Did they see what happened? Did they know Aaron? Nevermind that... I need to see if mom is ok.

~~~~~~/Anna's POV/~~~~~~

It's been a week since Aaron died and Aphmau hasn't left her house in Phoenix Drop... and I haven't talked to anybody since but I didn't really talk to people before anyway and people are used to me disappearing for days without notice. I've been sitting in my house, not moving to make food or get a drink, only talking to Phoenix, Vylad and Lucinda since they're the only one who knew my relationship with Aaron. Lucinda found out and Vylad's always kind of known since our families were so close.

"Hey Anna! It's Lucinda! I'm coming in..." Lucinda enters my house.

"Hi..." My eyes are red from the constant crying...

"I wish there was something I could do to help but..."

"It's fine... I'll be ok in a few days... I'm used to feeling this way... It's just-"

"You were closer to Aaron then you were to anyone else."

"He's my brother... Even when Jeffory died it didn't hurt this much... Maybe it was because I knew he loved someone else more and my feelings for him were dying anyway..."

"Anna..."

"Lucinda... I miss him..."

"I know baby..." Lucinda walks over and hugs me. "I'm surprised Garroth hasn't talked to you yet."

"No one's told him about me yet... Since everyone needs a little time to cope with what's happened."

"I know Aphmau got his sword and bandana but... don't you think you should have them?"

"No. Aaron did this for her... Not for me... He would have wanted Aphmau to have had them... I have our family cloak and... His hoodie..."

"You're a good person, Anna." Lucinda smiles.

"I want to see Aphmau..."

"Anna... Are you sure?"

"Yes." A weak smile comes across my face as I stand up from my floor.

"She's in Phoenix Drop... Here old house."

"The purple one on the hill?"

"Yep."

"Typical Aph..."

Lucinda smiles and we walk over to Aphmau house together.

"Usual Aphmau is the first person everyone trust in the village... But for me... It was you..."