The Memories of You

Start from the beginning

"One more time. What can you tell me about this sword?" I asked again.

"Subject: Sword of Protection. Classification: portable Runestone keyed exclusively to administrator She-Ra, Princess of Power. Included information: Paired with---"

The hologram flickered for a second before returning to normal, never finishing that second sentence. I shook off that last part and focused on the task at hand.

"How can I use the sword to heal my friend and daughter?" I asked.

"Query not recognized."

I groaned loudly, running my hand across my face in my annoyance. I sighed and walked closer to the hologram.

"Legends say that the sword has healing powers. Is that true?" I asked.

"One of the Sword of Protection's many intended functions is to heal, restore balance and dispel darkness when paired with--" she flickered again for a second before returning to normal.

"But how do I do that?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"Query not recognizd."

"How can I use the sword to heal people?" I asked, slower as if I was talking to a small child.

The hologram repeated the last answer, but I was beyond annoyed at this point. I groaned again, deciding to give up on this hologram.

"Okay, is there someone else I can talk to?" I asked.

"Query not recognized." Was my answer.

I grunted, not knowing what to do, when all of a sudden, images ran through my mind.

A sky full of stars.

Etheria floating in empty space.

A woman with purple skin dressed in purple hood and covered in First Ones code and markings.

And someone else I couldn't recognize. Someone in white. Their face was hidden from me, but it looked like they were reaching towards me. As if they were calling to me.

But there was one thing that stood out in my mind. A name.

I turned back to the hologram, "Let me talk to Light Hope." I said.

"Light Hope." The hologram repeated.

"Light Hope. That's her name, isn't it?" I asked, "The woman Mira and I saw when I touched the seord for the first time. Where is she?"

"Yes, Light Hope is here. She has been waiting for you and the child."

"Can I talk to her?" I asked.

"You will meet her soon enough. First, you must let go."

I was confused, "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You and the child are not ready yet. You must let go and the child must be purified once again."

"Let go of what? And what do you mean by 'the child must purified?' Do you mean Mira?" I asked. I never got my answer when I heard something shout behind me.

Out of instinct, I pointed my sword towards the direction the sound was coming from and shot a laser in said direction. My attack blew up a piece of the temple, but as the smoke and light cleared, I saw two familiar figures.

Catra, and Mira, but in Shadow Weaver form.

"Hey! Watch it. You could've hit Mira!" Catra shouted. My eyes widened at the sight of my former friend and daughter.