Special Extra!!!

People... we've made it to the most emotional and final season of the show, and I've had so much fun writing this story. I've seen so many encouraging and funny comments throughout the writing process, and I can't thank you all enough for keeping me motivated for writing this story. Who knew stepping out of your comfort zone would be a blast to do?

Throughout this story, I've tried several things in writing I've never done before. I've never done a child oc. I've never really created so many different versions of a single character. And never have I spent so much time designing and creating such a complex character. 

So, as a thank you for reading this far into my story, I'm going to give you some super special creator's ideas that I've been going through before I've made this story.

Here we go!

First off, I actually wanted my character to be as old as Adora and Catra, adding in another male character to be her love interest. But then I figured that I've done that plenty of times, and decided to try a younger character. I didn't mean to make Mira so young, wanting her to be thirteen or fourteen, but then she ended up being six and a half. 

I thought of changing her age at first before publishing the story, but I also thought about the mother Adora and mother Catra personas and wanted to experiment with it. And thus, the adorable six and a half year old Miracle was born.

Then came her appearance. I wanted Mira to be completely unique, more unique than any other character I've ever created. When I thought about She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, I immediately thought of the beautiful stars and the sky. I've taken inspiration from the sun and decided to try a sunset color palette for her hair and several shades of purple to balance her eyes and hair. I thought it would show off the beauty of space and the light that Etheria gives off in the night, don't you think?

Next was her family. Like Adora, I wanted her to not know about her family, but then changed it to a king and Mara just to do something that no one else has ever done. It makes her more unique, and gives way and more of a reason towards Mara's rebellion against the First Ones. I actually thought of making Mira Glimmer's little sister, who was kidnapped by the Horde as a baby and raised with Adora, but scrapped that later on. Perhaps in a another fanfic for the future. For the Runestone, I wanted her to be a princess but the Diamond Runestone was actually a last minute add-on. 

I am fascinated with the meanings behind stones, jewels and names. And when I created Miracle, I thought of her personality. Shy, but courageous. Small but powerful. A glimmer of hope for the future. Then it hit me... A DIAMOND!! The diamond is said to be a symbol of purity, representing light, the sun and life. And, since most diamonds are clear and reflective, it fit well with the complex transformations and powers I wanted for Miracle. It was a perfect match the for my oc. And so the Diamond Runestone was created and added to the book.

Next was her abilities. I wanted Mira to be just as her name suggested, a very miraculous child with incredible abilities. I wanted to make her complex, but easy to understand and digest throughout the story. So, after figuring out how she would behave, the Runestone and its properties, I did a little more thinking about She-Ra herself. Since She-Ra was not caused by the sword but rather from the one who held the sword, I decided that since my character was the daughter of Mara, that Miracle would carry the She-Ra spirit alongside Adora, deepening their bond and giving more depth to her character's background. Did I keep you guessing about who Mira's parents were? Bet you didn't expect her to be the daughter of a previous She-Ra and a king, huh?

Speaking of Kings, her father, Arainious was actually inspired by the Diamond itself. As I've said before, the Diamond represents light, the sun and purity, but with it being a hard stone, it's strong and powerful. I wanted Miracle's father to be someone strong that would be a protector for those he cared for. The Diamond is also said to purify poison and repel darkness, resulting in Mira being immune to most darkness when the Diamond and her powers were revealed. A man who was raised to think of his people and protect them but to think of his happiness as well, and a woman who was told to only protect her people and nothing else. What a match, huh?