Raging Waves

~~~~Mira~~~~

We arrived at Salineas, but as we looked around, no one was there to greet us. Not a single soul was left in the watery city.

"Where is everyone?" Bow asked looking around at the empty city.

Adora and I jumped down to the dock with Glimmer and Seahawk behind us. I was scared. This place.... it didn't feel right. I turned to my right and saw the large gate that protected Salineas. It flickered a little.

"Hmm. Very odd indeed." Seahawk said curious about the missing people, "If I know the Princess Mermista, and I do, something's amiss."

"Halt! Halt! Halt, I say." A voice shouted from one of the large purple shell-like towers in the city.

We looked up at the towers and saw a man in blue and gold armor running down to the dock. When he finally got to us, he bent over to catch his breath and then stood up straight, a drip of sweat running down the side of his face.

"What's your business in Salineas?" He asked breathlessly.

"We've come to speak with Princess Mermista." Glimmer answered the man.

Seahawk then suddenly pushed his way past Glimmer.

"Tell her Sea Hawk is with them. She'll be excited to see me." He said confidently.

The man looked at Sea Hawk with a slightly annoyed expression. He sighed, then led us into the center of the city where the Castle resided. We walked inside, bearing in mind to keep an eye for anyone else in the kingdom.

He led us into the throne room, the walls were covered in ancient paintings and writing. Several waterfalls lined the room and the aqua carpets and tiles led us to the large throne made of different kinds of shells, sea grass and coral.

There in the throne, sat a girl around Adora's age. She was a dark-skinned girl with a thicker body type, black-painted nails, brown eyes, and deep teal hair with a pattern that resembled a wave. She was wearing a tracksuit with teal and turquoise scales and a gold collar, gold and turquoise pauldrons, golden bracelets, golden ear cuffs, and gold, teal, turquoise, and blue high-top sneakers. In her hand was a scepter and her expression told us that she was annoyed, especially after she saw Sea Hawk.

"Ew, who let him back in here?" She said in disgust.

"Princess." Sea Hawk said happily upon seeing the princess, running up to her and bowing, "Oh, it's been too long. I have dreamed of you night and day since we parted."

"Uh-huh." The princesd said in a bored tone, then turned to look behind Sea Hawk at us.

"And who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Glimmer of Bright Moon." Glimmer introduced herself then walked closer to the throne, "We've never met, but our parents fought in the Rebellion together."

"Oh, yeah." Mermista said rolling her eyes, "I remember hearing about the old Princess Alliance. My dad sais it was a total disaster."

Glimmer looked down sadly. To try and cheer her up, I grabbed her hand. She looked at me and smiled a little, but not as much as I had hoped she would.

"I didn't think it was possible, but your beauty grows greater with each passing day." Sea Hawk continued to sweet talk, although it wasn't working so well.

Mermista's guard elbowed Sea Hawk as she groaned in annoyance.

"Will you quit it? I'm trying to talk to my new friend Twinkle." She said, "Butler, can you bring us some hors d'oeuvres?"