Our Hero.... Mara..

~~~~Mira~~~~

We ran after Madame Razz back to her hut, where we found her making the pie. 

"Not much time. Not much time..." She said, snapping her fingers and lighting the fireplace oven.

"Okay. Razz." Mama said out of breath, "What was it that you were just saying about the evil at the Heart of Etheria?"

"Huh? Doesn't ring a bell." Razz said putting the pie near the fire.

"What's at the Heart of Etheria?" I asked, "Light Hope said that my mother was compromised, that she couldn't control the power she had, but there's more to it, isn't there? Mara was... afraid of something."

"There has to be a reason why she broke everything, why she put us in Despondos." Mama added, "Was-- Was she afraid of the sword somehow? Of being She-Ra?"

"No, no time. There's no time." Razz said.

"Please, Razz. You have to remember something." Mama begged.

"Remember. Remember. I try to remember, but it gets all muddled up. Adora, Mara... It always ends the same. The present, the future..."

~~~~Razz~~~~

"Razz?" A voice called my name.

"The past." I gasped and turned towards the door. Mara was standing there in the doorway. Her sword was clenched tightly in her hand, her body covered in cuts and bruises. The clothes she wore were covered in bandages in some places, and in some places... I could see blood stains.

"Mara, dearie, you're just in time, the pie is almost..." I turned to see the pie, but it wasn't there. Not even the fire was lit.

"I can't stay long, Razz." Mara said.

"Nonsense, we're making pie today. Or have you forgotten? Ah-ah-ah. And they say my memory is bad." I chuckled.

Mara walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Razz, listen." She said, her voice filled with pain and fear. And somewhere deep inside, I knew we weren't going to make a pie together.

"I figured out what my people are doing with the Heart of Etheria. What they've done to the planet. It's going to activate soon, there's no time. I have to get to my ship." She grunted, "It's starting."

Before she could leave, I grabbed her hand and turned around to see her face to face.

"But... the pie?" I said. Mara smiled at me, but her eyes were sad.

"Tomorrow, Razz, we'll make a pie tomorrow, I promise."

I smiled and pressed her hand to my cheek, but Mara grunted in her pain and pulled away with tears in her eyes.

"I can't stop it." She looked down at her sword and saw it glowing just as brightly as the world outside, "But I can keep them from hurting anyone else. Please, Razz, take care of my baby girl when she wakes up, okay?"

"Mara!" I shouted as she ran out of my home. I followed her outside into the woods and by the time I caught up with Mara, she was screaming in pain, her entire body glowing with strange markings as the sword was plunged into the ground. She pulled away from the sword and walked away, all that was left was the sword absorbing the light.

Then, I heard a ding.

The pie was done.

It was time to go.

I took the pie and wrapped it up, then ran outside...

It was time to finally give a pie to Mara.