Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 10

• Dedicated to The friend I made sick, i'd do it again god damn-it.

Chapter 10

Sky POV

Surely the redness in my eyes has gone down hours ago. I reluctantly took off Jaces' jumper and left the darkness of the theatre. I walked into the bathroom to apply makeup, I didn't have time this morning. My smokey eyes were perfect and my lips pouted, waiting for the lip gloss in my right hand. When I heard girls giggle as they entered the bathroom. I didn't pay any attention even when I noticed Dora was among them. I saw the cheerleader outfits and realised they must be here for practise. It being the ruby season. I was planning to sit on the bleachers to read as they'd be in training. "It so sucks you have to leave!" One girl wined. So Dora was leaving? Ok, maybe I cared a little.

"No, I haven't decided who will replace me yet!" She said looking pointy at the poor girl. Behold the high school bitch. I looked at my hair, drying in lose curls. I also didn't have time to straighten my hair. "Hi," Dora said, turning to me. "Are you new?"

"Yep" I said with a warm smile, then left before she could ask my name. I stepped outside into warm air, it was a relive after the hot jumper.

I pulled out my shades and put them over my eyes. I actually liked these sunglasses- big and black with a few diamonds round the rim. I walked with my head down, in nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. I was already late, so I planned on cutting through the rugby pitch. But the field was occupied with rugby players. I sighed, as I started to make my way around the pitch. Whistling was directed at me for the second time today. I turned and my eyes widened in shock, as the rugby team slowed from their laps to talk to me. "Hi. I'm someone your very attracted to, nice to meet you." Some guy said, I laughed. Other boys tried there luck, giving me some crazy chat up lines. Till their coach came up and ordered them back to work.

I came home about three hours late and had my dinner, alone. Dad was in his study- according to Kate, a maid. I was impressed at the speed I was learning their names. "Papa?" I asked entering his study.

"Oh, hello." My dad said smiling up from his seat, but I was watching a man across from dad's desk.

"Good evening, Miss Tucker." The 30-something man said. "I'm Henry Marks." He extended his hand which I shook with my own.

"It's always nice to meet dad's business associates." I replied politely.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Just turned sixteen." I smiled warmly, the way Lexis did- I usually hid in the background when meeting one of dad's work friends.

"Ah! You may know my only son." He said, pride leaking into his words. "Liam Marks?" I hesitated but decided to play it neutral.

"Um...no, but I just started a few days ago, so he maybe in one or two of my classes." I finished coolly. "I better leave you two to business."

"No, my dear, were done. For today at least." He said the last part to my dad. After a few small goodbyes, Mr Marks left. I sat in his empty seat. My dad looked annoyed. "What's up, papa?"

"That man is a very important business client. Well, MAYBE business client because he is choosing between us and another company." He sighed heavily. "But he's leaving this important decision to his son, as he will some day, take over the business." I snorted, earning a worried look from dad.

"I'm just glad I didn't tell him I know his son." I said absentminded

"You know his son? This is great. Liam will be more likely to chose the company which makes him feel most secure. As it is his first deal. Why didn't you tell him you knew his son?" Whoops. So did not see that coming.