Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 15

• Dedicated to I almost got robbed, wait I'm poor! Pheew!

 Chapter 15

Sky POV

She stood in a little black dress. Her hair flowing down in lose blonde curls. Her hand touched her lips in horror. Alexis, I looked so much like her. The full length mirror held her in the glass, in my reflection. I pulled myself together, I needed jewellery. I looked inside the little box on my dresser. I found a necklace I don't remember seeing before. The stone was a bright green emerald with swirling pieces of silver holding it to the silver chain. It was dainty, elegant and beautiful. As I put it on I realised the colour of the stone matched my eyes perfectly. My lips curved into a smile in the mirror. I'm ready... as I'll ever be. I did some last minute reading of the book. My first work party.

"Sky? Are you ready?" Rose asked, I requested her as my personal maid. She seemed happy with the new job.

"Yep." I said while adding emerald earrings. I smiled at Dad, in a black suite, as we walked to the car. The drive there was a comfortable silence, till we reached Liams' house. The media took pictures, yelled for attention. People in beautiful dresses and expensive suites worked the red carpet. I hadn't realised the media world cared this much.

"Come." Dad said, the man of little words he is. I nodded, Lexis must have done this a thousand times. I stepped out first, and dad gracefully followed. Alexis mask slipped into place. I remember seeing Lexis face on the news, I tried to copy it in the mirror. I pulled that face out now. Slightly amused- like she was entertained by the paparazzi and their attempts to get her picture. Powerful- like she owned the carpet, like she was the best thing the media was going to see tonight. But humble at the same time, a look that said -I'm the best here, but not better than you- I pulled on that face and then the show began.

It was harder than I thought it would be to not close my eyes with the flashes. Imagine every birthday party picture ever taken of you when you closed your eyes and screwed the shot up, flashing at the same time. I watched dad from the corner of my eye, he was one of those people who aged well. He walked like he was the best- the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Dad caught my glance and we walked in together as if it were a signal. Maybe it was, between Lexis and Dad.

We walked into the hall, it was HUGE that amount of space seemed almost wasteful. To boost publicity famous people were invited to the party, and lets face it. The Summer Crystal dance is the place to be. I linked my arm through Dads when a couple started walking towards us. "Mr Ed Marr." I whispered into his ear. "Runs several hospitals, filthy rich. With his wife, she likes to be called Kitty. You take him and I'll talk to her." I continued before they came into hearing distance. I remember all the names from the book of guests.

"Ed Marr." My Dad said while shaking his hand like old friends, and not like he just found out his name. "It's an honour."

"Why, Mr Tucker the honour is mine." Mr Marrs pleasant voice replayed modestly.

"Please, with all the lives you save and make better in your hospitals..." My Dad said but I stopped listening. I had a job to do.

"Your Kitty, right?" I made the name sound comfortable from my lips, but I thought Kitty was...unusual.

"Yes," she tried to grin, but her face was stiff with botox. "And I didn't even have to ask."She stared and then smiled wider. "Your Alexis Tucker, you use to go out with Marc Mancusi's. The singer."

"Yes." No, but I smiled pleasantly. Lexis had dated him, but she got tired of the fame. "May I just say how much I love your dress. It's beautiful." I cooed, it wasn't.

The dress cut off too short for her large size, it was the colour of a red-brown and with long sleeves.

"Why thank you, I particularly liked this one." She said smugly holding her head higher and back straighter. She went on to complement me, and we went on like that till the men were done talking business.

"Mr Stiefvater and Miss Blake. Partners in business and only business. They get mad if you hint at a love-relationship." I whispered, as we approched the next couple. "Have restaurants round the world."

"Hi," I smiled at Mr Luke(Lucky- as sometimes nicknamed) Stiefvater. He reached for my hand and shook it. Damn! Mental block. What did his file say? I can't remember!

"It is a pleasure to meet one so beautiful." He said in a french accent. French! I remember.

"How was your trip to France? I'm surprised you made it back in time for this party." I smiled pleasantly.

"Beautiful, the food!" Excitement lit his eyes, he was handsome. In a older guy kind of way. "We cut it close, our private jet just made it. Why are you dismayed?" He leaned closer, in a flirtatious way. Flirting? Wow. I giggled, causally touched his arm.

"Please, I was looking forward to meeting you Mr Stiefvater." I smiled shyly, I just barely knew who he was- I defiantly was not look forward to seeing him. I caught the end of Dads' conversion with Mrs Blake.

"You are such a charmer!" She giggled and Dad slyly touched her shoulder. Flirting? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I chuckled, and felt a warm smile on my face.

"Miss Tucker, please call me Lucky." He asked hopefully.

"Thank you, and call me Alexis." I said smiling warmly. Dad said goodbyes to Mrs Blake, and Lucky kissed my hand. That was new, I may have blushed a little. We over to tables saying hi to guests and Dad made even more connections, I remembered all the names. I was on the whole very pleased with myself.

"Hey." I gasped as a hand touched my shoulder and I moved away, as much as the chair I was sitting on would allow. I over exaggerated but damn it, he came out of now where.

And I new it was a he, it was Jace.

"Jace." I said and nodded curtly.

"Sky, can I talk to you?" He asked sincerely.

"Don't call me that here." I snapped.

"Then come with me, I'm not going to call you Lexis." He finished fiercely.

"Dad, I'm going to talk with Jace. But if you need me to stay then I-"

"Go, I don't need you to be here." I nodded to his agreement and glared at Jace when he pulled my chair out but he just bowed. I rolled my eyes.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"A surprise." Jace said while putting his arm through mine.

"What are you doing?" Confusion clear in my voice. He grinned. Sadly -since I was still mad at him- I laughed at his response.

He tone was mock-confidence "Just call me arm candy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to get serious for a moment, unlike me but stay with me one this one, I just want to say a huge thanks if your still reading this, 1,515 reads. I may love you readers...yep I definitely love you. Not more than Unicorns but it's close...don't ask about the horny mythical creatures. Just been one of those days.

I laughed so much at this I fell off my chair....on to the cat. I think he's planning his revenge. He just keeps staring at me across the room, like I'm the devil. If this is the last chapter I write, then you know what happened, I'm sleeping with the fishes...in his gut. Cause he's gonna eat me.

Anywhhhhoooo, the thing that me and my friends laugh, and I later sent out to every human and/or unicorn on this planet-

Why did the chicken cross the road?...to get to the other side...

Okay, that wasn't it-

Two campers are hiking in the woods when one is bitten on the ass by a rattlesnake. "I’ll go into town for a doctor," the other says. He runs ten miles to a small town and finds the town’s only doctor, who is delivering a baby. "I can’t leave," the doctor says. ‘But here’s what to do. Take a knife, cut a little X where the bite is, suck out the poison and spit it on the ground." The guy ruins back to his friend, who is in agony. ‘What did the doctor say?" the victim asks. "He says you’re gonna die."

Is it just me, or do you feel sorry for the rattlesnake?

TouchePizzaGuy

XXX