Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My two(now dead)hamsters, Mac and Windows. Their storys on my 'about me'.

Chapter 1

Sky's POV

Though no one had said it, it was my birthday today. May 27th. Gemini, the birth sign of twins- ironic. I was now officially sixteen, older than Lexis, my twin will ever be.

----------Flashback----------

------Just over one week ago-------

"Hey Lexis don't stay out too late, we have school tomorrow." I reminded my older twin as she snuck out her window. I was the geeky one.

"Yeah I know. Remember all you know on how to be me." I know she would be grinning her classic impish smile. I felt my face redden. She knew I wanted to be like her. Even though she was only a couple minutes older, she is still my older sister and I looked up to her- despite some personality flaws.

I lay in Lexis's bed my eyes closed. Lexis had convinced me to pretend to be her while she snuck out to a party. She was grounded, yet again. After Mr Logan had informed our parents on Lexis's 'disruptive behaviour' in class. As Lexis and Mr Logan had a very heated 'deabt' in History. Which was on weather Hitler was re-incarnated as a bumble bee... typical Lexis. Lexis always attracted attention, I stayed to the shadows and went unnoticed.

The door creaked open and feet tip-toed along Lexis's floor. Show time. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Ma?" My voice sounding thick with sleep. Perfect.

"Sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to wake you." Mom never could tell the difference between us. I knew she didn't suspect a thing as she only calls Lexis 'sweetie'.

"Don't sweat it ma" I said my voice taking on Lexis's tone- both cheery, but yet casual at the same time. Being sure to call her ma. And for the finally, I grinned impishly up at her.

Mom left the room after she kissed my forehead, completely buying the whole me-being-Lexis lie. My stomach twisted as I watched mom leave. One thing I loved about covering for Lexis was the way I was treated. Mom and dad smiled brighter at me. Not me- her, Lexis. But I couldn't complain, I had Lexis for myself. Lexis loves me, very protective of my innocence. She forbid me from going to parties to protect me. With my last thought of Lexis warming my heart I fell asleep, darkness pulling me under.

Crying. No- not just crying but sobs, an edge of hysteria within the wails. I sat up, still half wake. My mom burst through the door, I looked at her confused. I decided quickly she was the one sobbing. She stared at me in shock as her entire frame shook. "Mom?" I asked. She screamed covering her ears while dropping in to a ball on the floor. I walked over to her and as I reached her, her screams were changing into words.

"No, no, no...It can't be. She can't be dead...please god no, no....." Her words drifted into incoherent mumbles. Who's dead? I reached down to run my fingers through her hair, in attempts to comfort her. But when I touched her she flinched away.

"Mom. What happened?" I asked.

"It's your fault, it's your fault- you hear me, yours. I thought she was here but she was you. She died and it was you. You may as well of ran her over with that car, because you killed her. You killed Lexis." Mom said, not in a scream, but with a crazed calm.

In a state of shock, all I could think was. 'Ma, I should of said ma. When I called her "mom" she knew it was me.'

----------Flashback ended----------

Despite every cell in my body being against the action, I got up and walked sluggishly down stairs. I stopped before the large mirror in the bright hallway. I fingered my face and had to remind myself who I was...