Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Q.What do you call a fish with no eyes? A.Fsh :D

80 Reads, holy-cheese-with-Hovis-best-of-both-loaf !!! Random...but I like it, not the cheese the whole substituting swear words with dairy products. Yep, just read my story... 

Chapter 4

Sky's POV

My throat burned, my skin throbbed with bruises, and my heart hurt from my mothers betrayal. Guess which one hurt most? My own mother tried to kill me...I tested the words but they didn't make sense. I became aware of beeping and was vaguely aware, from movies, that they were keeping me alive and drugged up.

I groaned as I moved my leg. "Good morning dear, good to see your up." The sympathetic voice said. I meant to say something along the lines of 'thank you for your kindness, I would like to ask- if not to much trouble, where is Jace?' Instead it came out as, "tha-" *spasm of coughing* followed by a waterfall of tears...I think she got the message- note the sarcasm.

The nurse pushed a button beside my hospital bed. Seconds later I became aware of drowsiness. I resisted the urge to sleep and turned to the nurse. "Jace?" I whispered but still it hurt.

"Oh, you mean the boy outside? He wanted to see you but we need your permission...but the drugs, you'll be asleep in a sec." The woman said in a question. I nodded my stiff neck.

Jace rushed in, till he saw me and visibly turned white. Sleep became harder to fight off, as Jace walked over to me. He said, not greetings or reassurances, but asked a question. "Who did this?" His barely controlled flaring anger. Unfortunately my sleepiness was winning, as I began to feel my eyes slide close. "Sky? Hey Sky, stay awake." Jace frantic voice said. Beep beep beep, I sang in my head as I drifted. I hoped the beeping machine would keep me both alive and drugged up, as I slipped into unconsciousness.

Jace's POV

I bit my nails as I waited. I had no idea of the time that had passed but judging by the stumps of nails I had left, I guessed hours.

A short nurse with greying hair walked out of Sky's room, I jumped up. She waddled over and asked my name.

"Jace Williams." I stated.

"She asked for you..." She had more to say but I stepped around her and rushed through the door. I stopped, looking at Sky- tubes in arms and a beeping playing in the background. Her arms marked with deep purple bruises and as my eyes travelled to her wrists- red marks like a bracelet.

"Who did this?" I seethed.

She didn't answer and I regretted not waiting to ask- at least in till she looked better. She began to close her eyes and I panicked, my visions of Lexis playing again in my head. "Sky? Hey Sky, stay awake." But it was to late, her eyes closed- she looked the same as Lexis. I took steps forward till I stood over her, I moved hair from her face. I hissed, seeing further bruises. Pulling a chair up, I sat beside her. I let myself believe for a second that this was Lexis, but I snapped out of my depression. And with her hand in mine, I promised myself, till she was better, I wouldn't let it go.

Erick (Sky's dad) POV

The police phoned an hour ago and I still hadn't come up with a solution to my most recent problem. I was in my office, as I had been for the past weeks. My job has taken over my life- just like I needed it to. Alexis was my girl- the one to steal my credit card, kiss my forehead after a hard day of work and could make even the most bitter of men laugh- the bitter man being me. Her death changed something within me, killed my sprit. I started making mistakes at work- filling out paperwork wrong, making simple errors. If I wasn't careful I could get fired, then where would I be? At home spending all my time with Erica Sky. To explain the phone call, the hospital had Erica, after she was almost killed by my Summer, my wife. I knew because Summer called her new therapist but couldn't get connected so she said in a voicemail, in a high and shaky voice-

"Doctor Tom, I need your help. I'm having a...meltdown. I need to see you. Erica, she looks so like her- every time I think of her I get so mad. You said every time I feel out of control I should take control? Well, I'm goanna take control. Alexis died and I couldn't control it but Erica...she looks exactly like Alexis. If she were to die my way, would that be like taking control of the situation? Now that I think about it I would feel better...Thanks Doctor Tom"

I remember shuddering at her madness. Now what was I going to do, I don't know if I could live with her, look what Erica did to Summer after a week of living with her. Completely crazy and committed suicide. A tear escaped my eye at the thought of my dead wife.

The only other option was sending Erica to a childrens' home. But the question is, How bitter am I? Bitter enough to never see my other child again?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drama, Drama. This chapter is about Jace and him dealing what he felt for Lexis, and how he feels now, looking at Sky. The next chapter is gonna be sad for Jace, but don't worry, he'll be back *Terminator voice*.

Please keep reading, vote and yeah...tell me what your thinking. Hasta la vista baby...I went to far, didn't I?