Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Happy Ice Cream sundae day!!

 I changed the picture due to some private messages saying they wanted it to change. <So formal :D Anywhooo- my book continues...

 Chapter 14

Sky POV

I put on my best nothing-to-see-here look as Jace carried me down the corridor. "Are we there yet?" I made my tone childish.

"No, for the last time no!" He was starting to sound irritated. Perfect, teach him to throw me over his shoulder like he was a frigging cave man taking me to cave/home to be his unwilling wife, I'm surprised he didn't hit me over the head with a club. He's only been here, what? Five minutes and...

"Oh my god! Your lost aren't you?" Laughter coloured my tone.

"No." Jace growled.

"Liar, liar. You know if you pants catch on fire, I'll go up in flames. I'm wearing enough hair spray for it." I smiled.

"Were not lost, now be quiet a minute." It was a command, I ignored it.

"Are you going to ask for directions?"

"No." He sounded offended.

"What is it with men and asking directions?" The question was rhetorical, but I still expected a response. He was silent, "Jace?" I felt the sun beating on my back, we went outside? "This is the part of the movie when you shoot me and dump me in a pond."

"Don't tempt me." He mumbled, I grinned to myself.

"It's people like you who give kidnappers a bad name." I said causally.

This is how it should always be between us, causal teasing. "Coming down." Jace called over his shoulder and dumped me on the ground.

I remained on my feet but staggered slightly. Jace just stood there as I regained my balance against a wall. We are by the wall nearest the car park, the entrance to the school was round the corner. I had closed my eyes till the blood ran from my head. A smirking Jace -who was leaning menacingly over me- I said in an light tone, "Jace, your looking really serious now. You do know there's no ponds near by." His expression didn't change. "Go on say what your thinking."

"Sky." He extended my name out, almost a moan. I winched, I didn't want the first time I heard my name in weeks to be in annoyance. My eye lids dropped down to my balled up hands. "Sky, I'm sorry. But what are you thinking?" My face had lifted when he said my name with affection, but his tone turned into a pleading one, tainting his kindness a little.

I couldn't tell him. He knew about Lexis and mom, but not about dad. How he believes I'm Lexis- how he's told others I'm Lexis. I have to pretend to everyone, the famous Lexis, people remember her. Funny, charming, beautiful. At first I did it for dad, but I feel guilty for her death, if only I hadn't covered for her with mom. She wouldn't have gone out, stayed safe in Bellaton high. I sometimes feel like I cut Lexis life short, so I'll cut mine short by being Lexis instead of Sky. A sacrifice. In every moment of happiness I have in Lexis life I feel close to her. "I wasn't thinking." I answered finally, the statement was unfinished. 'I wasn't thinking, I was doing. Doing the best I could with the cards Dad had dealt to me.' But I didn't. Change the subject Sky. "Are you coming to the Summer Crystal dance?" I asked brightly. His Dad owns a big newspaper company, Mr Williams is a really nice guy till he starts to gamble.

Jaces voice brought my attention back. "Okay, we can fix this." He said while he started pacing in front of me. "Can't you just say you had some illness which gave you illusions? That you thought you were Lexis but weren't? Than you can go back to being you." He stopped in his pacing and frowned at my shaking head.