Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Starfish everywhere, they don't get enough recognition for being so cool

Chapter 2

Sky's POV

Recap-

As if to answer my question she said, "I'm sorry but..." She trailed of bring a lighter from her pocket. Wood, Vodka, Fire. I was struck with a light bulb moment. This might not work but I had to try something. Hell, the chances were tiny.

"Don't, ma"

--------------------

She froze...well, it's a better option than blowing us sky high. I took my chance. "Ma, remember the day we shopping and had coffee at that medieval coffee shop? And than it started raining and we got sick, in bed for days" I smiled Lexis's smile. In truth, Lexis had planned to go on a ski trip with her old boyfriend, Matt and some friends. Lexis asked me to stay behind and cover for her. The weekend with mom was really fun, we laughed and connected as mother and daughter...but she just thought I was her other daughter.

"Alexis hates coffee" mom stated. I looked at her in confusion. "She hates coffee, but you love it. I knew when you pretended to be Alexis." I stared at her, thinking she couldn't be serious. "I knew, during the easter hunt, the day of the coffee house and the night you were in Alexis's bed."

I must of looked like a cartoon character, with my jaw on the floor. She knew it was me. Every moment of me acting like Lexis she saw me, not her. "Why?" I asked, giving up on the whole ghost-of-Lexis-come-back-to-save-twin-sister's-life-by-possessing-my-body-to-explain-my-innocents-through-me plan.

"You were always quite," mom reasoned. Oh, great another your to anti-social talk. I'd rather she'd just throw the lighter. "We never really connected, but when you pretended to be Alexis you acted more confident. Talked more and I guess if you knew I knew you would stop covering for her and we would have no relationship." Well it was true I didn't really talk to her unless I needed to. I mainly spent my time reading, or playing music on my ipod. That's why no one realised when I wasn't in my room and was pretending to be Lexis. Well, I thought no one saw through my facade.

"Dose dad..?" I was cut off.

"God, no"

"So you knew it was me the day Lexis died?" I blurted out, as soon as the question left my mouth I regretted it.

"It's my fault- I should of asked where Alexis was but... I never though..." She looked frustrated, and the flame flickered on as she through down the lighter... into the pile of wood and alcohol.

BOOM! Sound filled my ears without mercy. Fire burned in intense heat in front of me, smoke billowing up. I knew no one could hear but I couldn't help it, maybe some long buried inner oldie-movie-star-actress. But I screamed. As the room filled with smoke I realised I was breathing it in faster with the whole pointless screaming thing.

Well, this sucks. My brain might be hanging out of my skull, due the whole 'falling' down stares thing.

"Sky!" I quit my inner babbling...only two people call me Sky. Lexis and Jace. So I called out the name with the highest possibly of being my saviour.

"Jace?" I coughed "what..." I blinked and just when I decided I had imagined the voice I felt hands on my shoulders. My eyes opened, me being unaware I had closed them- not a great sign. My foggy mind made sense of the face in front of me. Dark hair, mediterranean sea blue eyes -with the black of his left pupil looking like a cat eye- with perfect- slightly tanned skin. Jace. "What are...?" My chest wheezed. To my astonishment he grinned and almost sang-

"Happy B-day Sky"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, Sky lived (It would of been a dull ending if she hadn't, but still yay!) Anyway...this chapter is kinda short so I'm going to write the next one. Please keep reading, tell me what you think-bad or good- or vote, thanks. :D

P.S. This is my first story so show me the love *wink*.