Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 6

• Dedicated to The 7,000 types of apples no one cares about.

Chapter 6

Sky POV

This car ride couldn't be more awkward. Actually after I thought that, it provided some form of entertainment. One mile. This could be more awkward if I was singing, 'Time warp'. Two miles. This could be more awkward if I was singing, 'Time warp' and doing the dance moves...put your hands on your hips. Yep, that could be awkward. Five miles. This could be more awkward if I was I was abducted by aliens and taken t...

"Were here." My dad said, emotionless. I followed him to the huge mansion, this didn't surprise me. Our last house had been huge and we do have lots of money. Our family always joked we'd be richer if Lexis wasn't vain.

Dad lead me upstairs, without a word. We walked passed a maid, probably one of many. "You maid, take her upstairs to her room."

This girl was about nineteen, attractive but not traditional so. "Yes, is this your guest Sir?" She asked politely.

"Yes" My dad said rudely, and didn't even know her name.

Dad left down stairs. "Hi am Erica Sky." I smiled. She nodded and after a second said, "I am Rose, this way madam."

"Madam? How old do you think I am?" I laughed trying to get her to relax.

But she looked me up and down. "Too young" She said than seemed to regret saying anything. "Sorry, I shouldn't have. Please don't get me fired."

"What do you mean 'too young'?" I asked confused.

"Well," she seemed taken a back "I've worked for his type before and well, I know your type. The model good-looking young girl coming to stay as a 'guest', the gold-digging type." She finished unashamed this time. I however stood with my jaw-on-dah-floor.

"Eh," Light bulb- ewh she thought I was a hore. "He's my dad." I stated, keeping eye contact.

"Oh my god." She seemed to forget she her professionalism. As I watched her I noticed she looked younger and I couldn't get her in trouble. "I had no idea. I am so sorry, he never said. I mean Sir, I was being disrespectful. And I just called his daughter a hore..." She looked at me and seemed to remember my presents. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to call you a hore. I'll just pack my stuff an..." I laughed. I laughed so hard my eyes tear up. "Listen Rose," I said once I had my breath back. "Relax, you said you didn't know I am his daughter. No harm done. I wont get you fired...well maybe, if you don't show me to my room in the next five minutes." I joked, but Rose just stared at me.

"You wont get me fired? But I just called you a hore." She said in a childlike voice.

"But you also called me 'model good-looking'. I'm a glass-half-full kinda girl." I smiled, quickly deciding I wanted Rose as a friend.

To my satisfaction Rose giggled. "Right, your room's down the hall."

"Lead the way."

My room could be described in one word. Boring. White walls, white bedding, white curtains. Wait, it was an electric blue pillow on my new bed. It was like finding a weed in barren land...it isn't much but it's hope. I collapsed on my bed and hugged the only form of colour in my life.

###################

I groaned as I turned over. I had a felt like I hadn't moved the entire night. I stood and stretched, still wearing Jace's big jumper. I hugged it close to me, feeling a little home sick for Jace. I wondered how he was dealing with my betrayal? I needed to do something before my self pity goes into over drive and I malfunctioned.

Friday. I'll just explore my new town. It was already one o'clock so school was out of the question. I stepped out warm air hitting my face, I sighed to myself. "Hey beautiful-" I looked up to see three men in a red sports car. "How about some fun?" That man said raising an eyebrow. Before I really understood what was happening, the mans words brought up memories form our past, mine and Lexis.