Lexis In The Sky - Chapter 3

• Dedicat lui Arachibutyrophobia-Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.Cool

Chapter 3

Jace's POV

One long, cool shower later- I decided I shouldn't go to Sky. She must need some space right now. I nodded to myself as I re-entered my room. I opened my closet and froze at the sight of the pure white jewellery box. I remember buying it months ago in a passing faire. I saw it and knew Sky would love it. I turned to the calendar, to check what I already knew. It was Lexis's birthday today, Sky's too. I doubted there would be a celebration but I took this box as a sign from god, I was going to the Tucker household.

I walked slowly, thinking of the best way to act. I decided I didn't want to deal with Mr or Mrs Tucker so I would climb through Lexis's window and to Sky's room. I swung my legs in and stepped lightly onto the floor. I made no sound, because I often entered the house this way.

Boom! The house shuddered slightly as I called out. "Hey what's going on?" But before I could be mad at myself for talking, and ruining the whole sneaking through the window act...I heard a scream.

Sky's scream echoed through the house and I ran towards it. The scream abruptly stopped, but I knew it came from down stairs. I opened the basement door and smoke assaulted my lungs. Could Sky really be in there? "Sky!" I called out. I needed to make sure. I pulled my shirt off, holding it over my nose and mouth. Taking two steps at a time I hurried down stairs. The closer I got to the floor, the better I could see. I noticed blood on the floor at the base of the staircase. To my horror, Sky lay on the floor-pale as the moon in a heap. Her eyes closed, she looked dead. I could see once more the visions of Lexis lying without breath on a road.

Touching her shoulders I breathed a sigh of relive, as she opened her eyes. No, this was not Lexis. Sky's eyes held something Lexis's never did. Just as Lexis's eyes had a different spark within them that Sky's didn't. That's how I could tell them apart- the way only someone really close to them could tell. That said, I only noticed I could tell the difference- about two weeks ago.

"What are...?" She said with smoke filled lungs. I was so filled with happiness she was alive, I couldn't stand losing both of them.

"Happy B-day Sky" I grinned widely at her. Then she passed out...I'm no doctor but that can't be healthy. So I picked her up but rope held her there. Why was she tied up? I looked through draws, aware of the approaching fire. I found a knife and cut her free. I held her protectively as I carried her outside. Fresh air never felt so good, seeing as I dropped my t-shirt, so I could lift Sky up. I waited for the fire department to arrive and some medical treatment for us, while gently fingering the red rope marks on her wrists.

The hospital admitted her to the burn ward as I waited in the waiting room. I had already been checked out and realised, my injuries miner. I can't be told what's going on in till Sky wakes up and tells me. Stupid confidentiality rules. This waiting was driving me crazy. Questions swirled around my head, was there anyone else in the house? How did the fire start? Why was Sky tied up like that? All of the above needed to be answered by Sky herself.

--------------------------------------

Hey one and all, I just looked at my views and I've got 10! I know IT'S AMAZING! Simple things for simple people. Well keep reading. Peace and love...*She said in a non-hippy way*.