On A Hazy Day- Chapter 13

I dislike this story with a burning passion. ughhhh, whatever. I think one or two more chapters after this and I'm done with it. x) I'm sorry it's been a long time, I just am a bit too busy. But since exams are this week, I have more time. (Y) Anyways, I hope you like this story still...ew. Anyways enjoy. Ps, it starts off in Alex's Point of View. This is short for a good reason. Yes, one page short. But whatever, right now I'm focusing on adding more content/details on some other stories. xD

Cheers!

x0x0,

Carly

It's December 24.

Oh screw my life.

I got out of the hospital a few hours ago. My mom and Lauren picked me up. I still haven't talked to Luke. I wonder what he's up to...

Now back to my ranting.

And hyperventilating.

Tomorrow.

December 25th.

Christmas.

The day my dad died.

My birthday.

More importantly: the day my dad died. The day our family has never been the same. The year Jake and I stopped communicating.

I know I should be over this by know but I just can't get over with it.

I can hear Lauren's tinkling laughter fill the living room. Lauren and Mom are putting the finishing touches on the Christmas tree and wrapping presents, although I know mom has more presents for Lauren upstairs in her closet. And me? Where are my presents? Non-existent. Not that I should care anyways. I need to stop pitying myself. ARGH!

Something's going on with my mom.

I just know it.

She still keeps visiting the hospital even though I'm home. She thinks that I don't know what's going on. Which is partially true, but I know SOMETHING'S GOING ON.

Here I am, lying on the sofa. Talking to myself.

I think I'm going crazy.

I heard the patter of footsteps nearby.

"Yes Lauren?" I asked.

"Sissy, are you okay?" Lauren asked in that adorable worried voice.

"Of course, don't worry, I'm just very nervous that Santa Claus won't fit through the chimney." I fibbed, biting my lip.

"Then maybe he shouldn't eat so many cookies! I'll go tell Chelsea and Connor not to put cookies out for Santa..." Lauren ran off to the phone.

Laughing to myself, I wished the Lauren would stay young and innocent. I wished she'd stay oblivious to boys and how they could hurt.

Something inside of me told me that something was going to happen tomorrow. I didn't know what, but I could feel it inside. Tomorrow. Desicions were going to be made, lives might be changed.

Yes, something big was going to happen.

I got up off the couch and climbed the stairs, my hand trailing the smooth railing.

When I openedd the door to my room, I felt a slight breeze.

I assumed that the  window had opened on the account of there being a lot of wind today. Shutting the window, I heard a rustle.

"Who's there?" I asked cautiously, standing in my fighting pose.

I heard a familiar, deep chuckle. It made me go all tingly inside.

"Oh Alex, you look so adorable today." His voice slurred.

"Are you drunk?" I said nervously.

"Drunk on your love yeesss...." I heard a thump and no more noise escape his lips. What had gotten into him?

I bent down and found him lying on the ground, heaving him onto my bed, boy was he heavy or what! I pulled the covers on him and I grabbed a spare pillow resting it on my carpet.

I shut my bedroom door and lied down on the carpet, falling asleep to the background music of "Her comes Santa Claus" and the sound of Luke, murmuring my name.

"Alex..."

December 25, here I come.

-----------------------------------------