X

GRACE'S POV :

" you're late " an unfamiliar voice spoke up from my left. 

i turned around to meet a familiar figure leaning on the wall.  his hair looked damp from water .  it looked like he just got out of shower and ran here.

" according to alpha Dimitri - you won't be staying in the room for more than 5 minutes but you somehow managed  30 seconds extra princess " the guy spoke up. 

i looked at him in confusion.  i don't know his name but i have seen him with my mate in the party. 

" ohh,  my bad.  i am Timmothy.  Alpha Dimitri's gamma " he said stepping forward from the wall. 

he looked too young to be the gamma of the leading pack. 

" i am Grace.  what are you doing here?  aren't there hell hounds on the pack land? " i asked .

" well there  are ,  princess Grace but you don't have to worry. our Alpha can take care of them and he still have Jack and Tyler there.  as for me , i am here to stop you from doing any stupidity like going after Alpha Dimitri " he said.  he looked like he had no care in the world. 

" how can he fight hellhounds with only two people by his ? don't you know how dangerous hell hounds are? - "  

" who said he is fighting them ? and even if he were to , they would have been already dead by now! we are talking about Alpha Dimitri ,princess. "

"if he isn't fighting them then what is he doing?  playing cards? " i said impatiently. the calmness this guy had over him was making me more and more anxious

he just chuckled at my statement as he walked towards the nearby bench motioning me to follow him.  it was still dark here but the moonlight was enough for me to make things out.

"Though most tales show the Hellhound as being evil and vicious, this is simply not the case.  They often get assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and burial grounds or undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural. While considered a bad omen, the hellhound has often helped many as well. The supernatural dog was said to warn people of danger and protect them when they needed it. The dog is often very loyal to those who call upon one and is said to be very watchful and while the creatures are often known as evil, they are not as evil . " he said as he looked at me still standing. 

" i won't  do anything to you princess.  you are my alpha's mate. that makes you my luna and as a gamma it's my job to protect you " Timmothy said smiling at me. 

i am not being wary of him. i am just worried for the one not in my sight.

" if they aren't evil then why are they here? " 

he stiffened and looked a little uncomfortable with my question but finally answered after a long pause .

" They serve Alpha king Dimitri.  they are loyal to him. there must be something very wrong that they have to come here finding for him specifically.  "

saying that my jaw dropped will be an understatement. i felt terrified with what he said as my brain couldn't help but question

what is he? 

i have never heard of hellhounds serving a wolf. how can this be even possible ? hellhounds doesn't serve anyone but demons, specially not wolves. they loath us. then why him?  . nothing was makes any sense. 

" where are other people of palace? the guards,  maids etc? my parents and siblings?  "  i asked .

" your parents and siblings are staying at the pack house as for maids and guards.  alpha asked them to leave. when he realized hellhounds are all over on pack lands searching for him .  alpha was aware they would come here in search of him . as a precaution he let everyone go and switched off the lights .so that he can stall time but as soon as he realised you were in the palace . he returned mid way just to assure you are safe.   you see hellhounds are not vicious animal but , encountering them was still considered a sign of imminent death "

" but-"  i was about to say something but he cut him off. 

" no more questions princess.  i can't tell you anymore. don't worry,  they will be back soon.  "

i sighed as i walked towards the bench to sit.  all i could do was wait now. 

"Do you think - "  Alecia asked but halted in between

" think what?  "

" that the alpha king is - " 

i couldn't hear what alecia wanted to say as timmothy voice broke up the conversation. 

" He is here "  timmothy said pointing towards the left .

i eagerly looked over as my eyes landed on him. his shirt was torn looking like he was clawed by a wolf . i could see little bit of some dark markings from the torn clothes. he had few scratches over his arms which were almost healed.  didn't timmothy said that they are loyal to him.  then how come he got injured.  i was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't even realize he was standing in front of him.

my emotions were mess as my heart started beating wildly. the distance between us was so minimised. i was nervous,  flushed somewhere excited, worried too but mostly relieved. 

he leaned a little closer to me and stopped as our nose were almost touching each other.

" Didn't i already told you to wait for me little wolf ?  "

i took a step back as i realized what he just said . my legs were trembling under his fierce yet cold gaze. my palms were sweaty as my mouth felt dry. 

" How- how? "

" your little pendant can't fool me little wolf. you need something bigger than that.  "  he said as he removed the ring from his finger .

"wear it "  . his voice sounded more like an command than a request. 

" he isn't requesting us at all "

it was then for the first time i felt something different around him. he was reeking of power,  dominance and most of all darkness.  .

  this darkness was like nothing like i have ever seen .as the whorls of darkness whipped through the air . the painful marking on his body was suddenly making sense.

i wanted to look more but i couldn't get myself to even eye him. even alecia was getting wary of him .  

-----------------