IX

Third Person's pov :

." stay put. no words " Dimitri whispered leaning towards grace . his warm breath fanning on her neck. 
she gulped the breath she was holding.

when he felt than she was calmed and had understood him clearly . he whispered once again

" Follow me and remember no words "

he slowly removed his hand and started walking into darkness.  Grace tried following him but in that darkness she couldn't see anything let alone be him .  she didn't knew where she was going . grace only remembered the direction he went into.

Dimitri stopped walking as he realized she was having trouble following him.

her steps halted as she banged her head on something solid and hard. it was Dimitri's back and before she could say sorry he touched his arm , slowly sliding his hand into hers.  he started walking once again .

Grace was thankful that it's dark here or else if he had seen her face getting all red she would have gotten nothing but embarrassed  .

they kept walking for few more minutes before dimitri dragged her into the nearby room . he took out his phone and switched on the flash light.

" stay here and take this.  don't open the door unless it's me.  do you understand me? "  

she flinched at his words scared what was happening and didn't even realised that she was flashing the light on his face. 

she looked up to meet his eyes.  Grace had never seen eyes as beautiful as his but also as deadly cold as his.  she simply froze again. her heart beating so erratically as if a hammer was inside her chest.

a panic rose inside her as she saw him moving away from her. Grace grabbed his wrist with both of her hands.

" please. " was all she said as she saw him with her blue eyes. she was afraid to ask what's going outside.

Dimitri calmly removed her grip from his wrist walking back towards her.

" Grace,  listen to me. there are people outside who are waiting for me. i can't go back until i am sure you are safe. i want you to stay here quietly and wait for me to return.  can you do that ? " 

" what's going on?  " she finally managed to ask.  he took a deep breath .

" Hellhounds.  " , "they are on your territory. "

her eyes widened in shock and fear. she have only heard about them in old story tales. Grace didn't knew that they still existed.

" Don't - Don't look into their eyes. please  . they are dangerous .please be careful. " she said.  she didn't argued about joining him because with his personality she already knew that there is no way that he will let her anywhere near them and there is no room for discussion here. she thought of escaping later. 

he looked into her eyes in disbelief.  no one had ever told him to be careful . her words brought a different warmth to him. warmth of someone's caring for him.

" not more than me ." his lips now curved up in a wicked smile. 

" don't open the door for anyone.  no-one except me "  he repeated before walking out . grace heard him locking the door and listened to the voice of his footsteps slowly fading away. 

her wolf was against the idea of her staying inside . even grace was against the idea.

" we need to go out.  your family is outside .  chris -becha ?where are they ? and even our mate is outside .   we can't just cowardly sit inside "

"he told us to wait "  grace said . it felt like she was convincing herself to stay. 

" what if something happens to him . they are not rogues or wolves but hellhounds.  the omen of death " 

what if something happens to him?  her wolf got her the worst.  grace didn't knew why but the thought of him getting injured was scarier than anything . 

A Hellhound is a supernatural dog in folklore that originates from the UnderworldSeeing a hellhound or hearing one howl may be an omen or even a cause of death. Hellhounds are called The Bearers of Death because they were supposedly created by ancient demons to serve as heralds of death. According to legend, seeing one leads to a person's death. Sometimes it is said to be once; other times it requires three sightings for the curse to take effect and kill the victim.

Grace looked around to see where she was.  the whole room was filled with an immersing chocolate scent . similar to dimitri.  she then realized she was in his room. she took a deep breathe before walking towards the window .

it was second floor.  she thought she could jump through this easily but instead Grace landed badly on her knees.  her arms and knees were scratched with the garden pebbles. but she still managed to stand up .

" you're late "

Grace broke out in a cold sweat as she heard an unknown voice from her left .

-----------------