XLVII

" so , make sure that when the time comes you protect my mate or you prefer it as your queen, Grace and Alex both, get them somewhere safe and if the moment comes and i had failed to turn the course of poison , kill me yourself before i bring harm to any innocent . " Dimitri whispered the last words. he knew that his wolf injuries were driving his demons insane and sooner or later they will go deranged . he wanted to finish all this before that time comes.

A deep silence settled down in the crook of the hall for a long time . Natalia stayed there utterly shocked and taken back by what she heard . he didn't just asked her of this .Out of everyone , this man that she possibly consider like her own family had the audacity to come and ask her of this and right now she realized that No matter what their differences are , no matter what sides they are on even in future she just can't bring any harm to him even in her wildest dreams .

" stop staring at me like that , i have a mate . " Dimitri said jokingly trying to lighten up the mood . he was very well clear of what he was asking her but amongst everyone he had known , its only Natalia who can do this and he wants it to be her maybe this way he can let her revenge her sister's death on him and before Natalia could say anything any further someone cut their conversation off .

" Dimitri " a voice nothing but music to the ears called out from his behind . Dimitri turned around to meet grace taking big steps hurriedly over to where they were .

" hey there " he said as he pulled her closer to where he was sitting . Grace was standing between his legs , her back on him as his chin rested on her shoulder , making Grace flustered . she embarrassingly pushed him a little away . Natalia was noticing the mini gestures Dimitri was doing as he continued teasing his mate . example his knuckle were tightened in fist , his nerve popping out like he was controlling his rage with Grace coming closer . The sweat on his forehead . She could easily notice that there was something wrong .

"We can't hide here forever , i want to meet my family Dimitri and your pack , you can't leave them without the leader for too long. " Grace whispered in a low voice and he just nodded acknowledging what she just said.

By then Natalia had already left these two alone and was outside taking patrol of things.

" We will go back . soon. " He answered back after a long pause .

" What are you planning , Dimitri ? lemme help you , after all i am the cause of all this . i am not weak little wolf . " Grace said. she knew whatever he was planning its not as simple as he is showing it . She didn't wanted him to hurt any innocent because of her . war is the worst of possibilities in her mind .

" Its nothing i can't handle , lil wolf and no . dont flatter yourself . you are not the only reason that i have defied gods . They have wronged my family once and i wont let that happen again. i won't let the so called gods hurt or come anywhere near you . "

" let me help you , i cant stand here while you put yourself out there in harm again and again . i cant dimitri " she was not asking but instead commanding him.

Dimitri felt a strong surge of proud and happiness seeing her like this . he knew very well that she is not the little wolf he met back the very first day .he is also aware of how powerful she is but his heart can't let her be in any danger as long as he is there .

A deep sigh escaped his lips. as he cupped her cheeks in both his palms and bring her forehead closer to his lips . his warm breath lingered around where his lips were as Grace stood there holding her breath .

" Breathe , my dear " his warm breath kept dancing on her face as his lips curved in dark yet mischievous smile knowing what he just did to her but when Grace noticed his smile her wolf decided not to back down this time and let him taste his own medicine .

Grace moved closer to where he was , bridging the small gap between them . she then cupped her free hand over his cheek while Dimitri stayed still enjoying and anticipating her next move . Suddenly his face became sharp and angular, his jaw became tensed as his both hands clenched into fist , trying to control his demon self who was craving for blood . Grace's blood to be exact . But Dimitri was quick to hide his inner self from Grace's sight . He tried calming the thirst but things became enraged when Grace rose to her toes and softly pressed her lips to his making Dimitri gasped and flustered .

He quickly pulled back taking steps back - ' Grace Don't ' Dimitri paused as he realised the depth of his action and words on her .

" Grace " he whispered softly and remorsefully but he paused as he looked at her .A small drop of tear escaped her eye as she continued looking down not able to meet his eyes . what can he possible say to fix this . Nothing can fix how he just made her feel .

" I love you . i love you but i don't think it matters to you Dimitri - Its like i am not even asking you to do anything just stay still . i will be the one walking towards you but it feels like the more i come closer to you the farther you are going away .- i , i " Grace said barely making her voice audible but before she could say any further . Dimitri cut her off quickly by putting his lips on her harder this time . He pushed her back on the nearby wall as his body grinded against her .

He kissed her . Without warning . without permission . Without even deciding to do it but simply because he couldn't have done anything else . He needed that breath she was holding . It belonged to him and he wanted it back .

Dimitri stopped abruptly and looked at her .

" what's the problem ? Are you in pain " Grace asked as she looked down and softly touched his chest where the dagger mark was .

Indeed Dimitri was in pain , but this wasn't the reason he stopped .

" Something is wrong " He whispered in her ears as she stepped back trying to listen something.

" Grace , Stay here , Don't move . " As that being said he ran out of room . She was utterly at an unease. Even though everything is quite for now but she wondered for how long it will remain the same .

In the midst of all things that was happening right now , there was something that she didn't tell Dimitri .She was hearing strange voices of some girl since they entered this coven territory and all it was asking her to burn this world ,destroy every possible living thing on this world but no matter how badly she wanted to tell this to Dimitri , she couldn't as he already had a lot on his plate right now and she wondered if she tells this to him , will he be scared of her ?   she wondered if in the prophecy she was the destroyer of the world instead of the marked child that was meant to save the world . 

As Grace tugged on her hair lost in her thoughts someone's presence pulled at her attention and when she lifted her face and looked at him, her hands on her hair slowly dropped .

"J-jack" she stuttered in a broken whisper as their eyes met.