XLIV

" Dimitri, " Grace called out the man in front of her. her sweet and dulcet voice soothed Dimitri a little . 

The girl ran and engulfed him in a tight hug , bawling her eyes out like a baby while he stood still not knowing how to respond to her. moments passed by as Dimitri stood frozen at his spot .

" you aren't angry at me anymore ?" he asked . 

just as Dimitri finally decided to wrap his arm around her , his demon went deranged and violent . not able to control his bloodthirsty self , Dimitri pushed Grace away taking few steps back from her and before he could say something , an old yet familiar voice interrupted them.

" Alpha, " The old looking lady bowed her head to Dimitri . He remembered her from years ago when things between him and the Gemini coven were peaceful . Dimitri subtly nodded at her as he asked her to wait in the room .

" Grace, - "

" I-i am sorry. i will go do--"

" Stay " Dimitri voice stopped her from talking any further. she looked back at her mate who looked in pain. his eyes tired and face pale . the half conscious Dimitri leaned back on the wall not able to open his eyes anymore.

her eyes then fell on the white shirt he was wearing . it was tainted with blood. she softly unbuttoned his shirt and a shocked Grace panicked as she looked at the wound on his chest . it was bleeding heavily and before wasting any time further she dragged him in the room where the old lady was .

From far the corner of the room Grace silently looked at the old lady putting some sort of herbs on Dimitri's wound while enchanting some spells under her breath as Dimitri laid there closing his eyes .

if Grace didn't had any knowledge about medicine and herbs she would have wanted to know what exactly happened in there but her existing knowledge about medicines were telling her that these were not some common wolf marks .

her blurred eyes moved towards the window , the weather outside was becoming dark although it was only 11am . it has been like this for weeks now . it looked like something very powerful had been destroyed and it wasn't much of mystery for her to know the reason behind all this.

" what have you done this time?  " she mumbled under her breath. a tear escaped her eyes as she looked back at him , his heart beat getting weaker with every passing minute . her body went cold as she impatiently waited for the obeah to say something.

"Call me once, when he wakes up. i will check on him again " 

" Is he okay?. " she asked taking a deep breath and composing her emotions.

" The wound will heal princess,  " the obeah said and Grace knew that it wasn't the whole truth but she had no energy left to argue with an complete stranger who did nothing but help them. 

Grace kept looking at him and once the obeah left,  she fell on her knees crying softly,  not wanting to wake him up. time passed by but the sobs came to no end. 

"Save your tears for later , Little wolf .  i am not dead yet " his hoarse and weak voice made Grace sob more . she couldn't stop herself from weeping for him. It was too much for her. He was hurt because of her . Everything was all over the place. she wanted to go back to her mother, to her family .  Grace couldn't remember the last time she cried like this .

" shh....  don't cry , please " Dimitri suddenly moved squatting down where she was sitting pretending like it was just a mere scratch although the sudden movement made him feel like thousands of needles pierced his heart at the same time.

" But you're... how can I not cry where you're hurting? When you're bleeding like that? How can I..."

"Don't worry, little wolf .It really doesn't hurt. I'm already immune to any physical pain. What I can't bear however, is you crying like this. So please, don't cry . " He tried to reassure her, as he wiped her tears softly caressing her cheeks . Dimitri looked at her for a long time before mouthing the words, 

"Do you want to date me?  ,"