XLI

" I was expecting something better " Selena shouted looking at the man covered in all blood. he was creating a damp of bodies to burn them into ashes.

they were on human land and there is an unspoken rule that says , never leave any clue about their existence .

" well, i will appreciate a lil help " Dimitri said chuckling . his demon was content with the amount of blood it tasted for the first time in a long while.

Selena was surprised to see this man smiling. it was the first time to see him smiling him from ear to ear and she won't lie he looked more handsome , he is just majestically unreal at times just like that little Demon(Alex) . She mentally scolded herself for thinking about Alex.

Dimtri cleared his throat bringing selena back from her thoughts.

" i killed 15 something hybrids on my way, count them in "

" Do you trust her? . " Selena asked again directly jumping on the topic.

" I trust no one, " Dimitri retorted back in an emotional-less tone.

"But they are from Amethyst coven. They can't hurt Grace. " Selena's word made Dimitri to stop in his tracks ,his brows pulled together as he looked at her.

a sigh escaped from her lips as she continued - " Look there is something you need to know, but i don't know if i am the right person -"

"skip to the main part , " Dimitri commanded his voice suddenly becoming serious.

"that coven was known to be the server of dark magic. their ancestors were known to be the followers of Amara.

"The heaven lord thought that the archangels will get corrupted by the mark just like the fallen Angel Lucifer and was in fear that we , the ones who created the trap for Amara will end up giving her a way out. Fear makes a man do unforgivable sins , Dimitri . He manipulated other officials and secretly gave a notice to kill the archangels . your father saved me in return for a favor . you don't remember it but when you were young, you were very sick. you are one of a kind , half- wolf and half-demon .your demons were slowly killing your wolf , without the wolf, your demons can make you go insane, worst of worst you can die and It was at that time the Alpha and Luna of crescent moon was blessed with a girl child but the child was beyond weak , she was barely breathing . Nicholas knew about the destiny she held , the child who one day will become your destined one , he knew the importance mates hold for each other . he knew that her only existence can save your wolf and without a second thought, he risked everything and did something unexpected.you remember the witch whom you came for, Sabrina . she was from Amethyst coven , a trustworthy confined of your father. Together with her, i channeled dark powers of amara and gave it to the child, in a hope that it could be sufficient for her to live and it was, miraculously she became better and so did your wolf . but when we channeled every last ounce of Amara's dark magic. there was nothing left of her, her body vanished in air . you father confirmed that she died. but no one knew about this until recently when the prophecy came in light. The heavens shook in fear of what happened, to get the answers they are looking for the child , for Grace. that's why they want her. the moment they get her . she will be done far more worse than what they did with lady Amara . Take Grace away, run away."
" The heaven lord , he is not what these mortal prays. he is something way darker and way evil covered in white. -"

" i am not afraid of him-" Dimitri answered . Selena sighed like she already saw this coming .

she took a deep breath before continuing further, as if she knew what she will say next will be the beginning of a deadly chaos.

" - you should be, your father didn't die because of your mother. He was killed by his very own sword, the death sword , the one which had disappeared . The heaven lord killed him ruthlessly when he come to know about what Nicholas did. He further went to kill you and every last one of your family. he burned your house down but sabrina was quick to save you all . "

Hearing to all this made Dimitri to froze still in his stance . His heart seemed to have stopped beating and his eyes blazed intensely as he looked at Selena but she stood there not bothered by any of this. a deep silence settled down in every nook of the forest. then, suddenly, an extremely dark and chilling sensation roused Selena's defensive instincts.

It suddenly made her want to step back but the moment she looked at Dimitri's bloodshot red eyes, her body stiffened. His gaze was enough to paralyze her entire being.

" Leave, " he said, his voice as deep as a rolling thunder in an endless abyss. his gaze burned with such intensity making selena stumble back unconsciously . Selena subconsciously swallowed. he was exuding this terrifying aura that selena had never seen ? This was a completely different sensation, different from that time he was in his berserk state in hell when he was asked to accept the hell lord position but he didn't instead he promised them to protect them for forever with his life in exchange of his father's sword. It had the same menacing feel to it but there was a calculative, controlled emotion behind it. It was almost as if Dimitri had mastered controlling the berserker within him. It was like he was now able to summon up that side of him without losing his mind and that thought was terrifying.

Selena had never been so terrified by someone's aura. She was an Archangel and she was immune to all kinds of mind manipulation. She had the ability to control her emotions, even fear, and that was how she was able to always stay calm in any situation.

But it seemed that the dark, ominous aura this man was exuding right then surpassed anything she had ever encountered before. When he was going berserk, he was like a terrifying, untamed beast. But this time, she felt like he was like the god of darkness, or darkness itself.

" Run away from me , as far as you can , " Dimitri voice was like a loud clap, waking selena up from her waking nightmare. she quickly made her way out of the mountains . She stopped by a tree and looked back.

She knew that that feeling she felt was real. It wasn't an illusion. Was that the extent of the darkness Dimtitri had been hiding within him? It seemed that the Dimitri that she and everyone knew was just the tip of the iceberg. It seemed that none of them have seen the real him yet.