Chapter 7

Emi took me to a coffee shop away from school to clear my head. Trust me, going out wasn't easy because we had to meet some people to sign a particular form. Well, we did not really do that because Emi's mom gave us two cards I assumed to be our passes.

Emi's mother was the principal of Holyfield college and it was pretty easy for Emi to get things. The only disadvantage was that she had to be good always and be on top. Thank God my father wasn't the principal of this school... If not, he would have sliced my neck for what happened earlier today in class.

"What can I get you?" A waitress brought me out from the dark part of my mind that was constantly filled with the horrible things our father did to us.

"A mochaccino, please." I gave a tight lipped smile and she averted her gaze to the little jotter in hand, probably writing down my order.

"What topping?"

"Extra milk foam and sprinkles of powdered chocolate." I dropped the novel I had been reading on our way here on the table.

"What about you?" She turned to face Emi.

"A cappuccino."

With that, the waitress left and I used my eyes to survey the cafe. It was painted in ivory color and had round coffee brown tables with chairs around them. I made out a lovers seat situated at the end side of the cafe and close to a beautiful view of the streets.

The flowery or was it the nutty scent of coffee wafted into my nose and made me anxious for my mocha.

"Here you go." The waitress placed our cups on the table and left.

"So, how are you feeling now?" Emi asked, using her spoon to stare the creamy cappuccino in front of her.

"Better." I replied, picking up my black straw and dipping it in my chocolate cup of coffee.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you." She sipped from her cup and placed the bottom on the table. "My friends would be joining us. They are still trying to get their forms signed."

"That school is a whole new level of stress." I shook my head and sipped more coffee. The sweet liquid danced and frolicked with my taste buds a little before going down my throat.

"You'd get used to it." She chuckled and the door bell filled the cafe, meaning someone just walked in.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Maddy making her way into the cafe. The moment our eyes jammed, her face bloomed and she showed off some teeth which I tried my possible best to return. Beside her was a girl in jeans skirt and it was pretty short. Were short skirts not banned?

"Hey..." She drew the wooden seat on the right hand side and sat. "Sorry I'm late. I had to wait for Mr Chris to sign my form. He was lecturing a class."

"It's fine." Emi answered and the chattering between the both of them continued.

The doorbell jingled again, but this time I didn't make an effort to see who it was. I pulled out my phone and decided to text Debby a bit since I wasn't good in socializing with the friends of my friend.

The sweet jazz music soothed my soul and made me forget about my father and the little incident that happened in class. I was definitely wearing a paper bag over my head tomorrow.

The sound of somebody's footsteps filled my ears and I imagined moving them like a dog's own. The footsteps sounded like that of a male...I was very sure about it, but my curiosity wasn't bubbling so I killed the sound in my head.

"Hey," A familiar said and I snapped my head up to download his face.

It was him-Mr adidas guy and no, he wasn't talking to me. My eyes lingered on his outfit and I instantly loved the denim shirt he had on. His hair was in a messy side part that looked like he just got out of bed, but it was incredibly cute.