Chapter 10

My walk to the class building was cold, my teeth chattered every now and then and I regretted not putting on a hoodie. Goose bumps crawled up my arms and I rubbed them, darting my eyes from left to right.

I remembered I had rubbed my face with a vibrator yesterday and I almost gagged at the image. I knew our pastor preached against masturbation, but I had no idea there was even a tool used instead of the fingers.

"Hi." A boy with curly, black hair and the smoothest caramel skin I had ever seen flashed a one dimpled smile at me, snapping me out of my trance and gagging. "I'd like to invite you to the-" he hesitated and I gripped the handle of my backpack, waiting for him to speak. "Just read this instead."

He stretched out his hand that contained a flier that mirrored his honey brown eyes and I took it. I read through it and raised my head to find him still maintaining his smile.

"It's a bonfire-you know. Tonight." He scratched his hair and stretched out his hand once again. "My name's Kelvin."

"Hephzibah." I shook his hand. "I'm running late for class, I'd have to go now."

"What's your department?"

"Arts." I answered and began to walk with him beside me.

"Same here. What course?"

"Law."

"That's great!" His eyes brightened up and I found his expression a little cute.

I increased my speed and noticed Kelvin was still walking beside me, his curls bouncing up and down on his forehead. I halted and turned to face him with a frown plastered on my face.

"Where are you going?" My brows knitted into a deep frown as I took a liking to the black shirt he had on.

"To the class we have." He stopped to answer.

"You're a law student?"

"Yeah." A slow smile graced his lips followed by a light chuckle. "I'm actually in my second year and I was just accompanying you to class."

"Why?" I frowned even deeper.

"Because I need to share fliers."

We walked in silence and once we approached a boy with afro, we parted ways and I secretly wished he hadn't left me to walk to the lecture hall alone.

Finally, I was there and it was the class that I had choked in few days ago. The professor wasn't there, but there were a lot of students and zero seats. Kelvin caused this! I clenched my jaw and was about to break it before a warm hand tapped my wrist.

"We could share my seat." She looked softly at me and I resisted the roll of my eyes when I saw it was Evelyn.

"Thanks." I appreciated the second nice thing she was doing for me. In as much as I didn't want her to be scaring the shit out of me, I loved her kindness and baby face.

She moved a little and I sat, placing my bag on my laps. The professor walked in with beads of sweat on his forehead and a terrified look on his face.

"Settle down everyone!" He exclaimed, wiping off the sweat and clearing his throat. "Today we'll be looking at-"

I adjusted on my seat, feeling the iron poking at my ass and it was way uncomfortable. This got the attention of the professor and he met my gaze, but went back to what he was doing. His book was upside down and I noticed his shirt was rumpled.

"Is it me or does this man look like he has been doing something fishy?" Evelyn whispered and I shrugged.

He did look suspicious.