Chapter 4

Stiflingly a yawn, I tapped the off button on the screen of my phone to stop the annoying alarm from ringing. I chose to wake up so early to shower, simply because I wanted to have the whole bathroom to myself and not have any creepy girl step into the one I was using.

Yesterday was scary, embarrassing and it gave me negative vibes. I'd just wear a paper bag over my face. Hopefully, no one would tag me with the girl who puked on Mr- I didn't even know his name... shoes.

Chuckling to myself, I remembered how I got scared from seeing a pair of legs behind me yesterday.

It was Evelyn.

Evelyn had done nothing, but to scare me ever since I got into this school.

Putting on my flip flops that were mainly for the bathroom, I pulled off my silk night wear and headed for the bathroom in a yellow towel.

The dorm lobby was lonely and quiet. This place screamed nothing, but horror and depression. I remembered how terrified I was when father said Debby and I were going to be students of a Catholic school he saw when he was driving in from a journey.

Father's absent that week was like heavenly Bliss. We were free like birds and did as we pleased.

The air suddenly became thick with something that was very hard to explain. Scrunching my eyebrows, I halted and was having a rethink.

Maybe I should just go back to my room and wait for the other girls to wake up.

No, I'd just take my bath. I mean, it was five o'clock and Sundays were church days.

The girls might wake up by six and I didn't want to be watched by so many girls or asked why I had a scar on my waist. There was nothing to be afraid of.

The early morning breeze whipped cool in my face and blew the thick blue curtains around gently. Taking two steps forward, I felt uneasy and got thrown aback by what I heard.

"Hephzibah." The voice of a young woman whispered my name.

In one insane second, I dashed into the dark room by my left hand side and held onto the handle of the door.

Wait, this wasn't my room and who leaves their room open by this time?

Who is trying to mess with me?

This school was a whole lot of creepy and then some sociopath was trying to send me to an early grave.

"Who are you?" Dry toned by a girl, the supposed owner of this room I guessed.

Still holding tight to the handle, I swallowed the frog that was sitting in my throat and answered.

"Sorry, I mistook your door for mine. I'll take your leave." I answered without turning around to see who it was.

I twisted the door handle and just as I was about to go out, she called out to me.

"Wait, I know you." She turned on a tiny torch and pointed it at me. "Ah, blue eyes." I could feel her smile from the way she spoke.

Covering my eyes from the light, I wondered if she wanted me blind.

"Oh, sorry." She pointed it elsewhere and guess who I saw?

Evelyn!

This girl was everywhere, but why? Her mission was to scare me and maybe blind me.

Maybe she's your guardian angel.

I felt like slapping my head for that kind of thought. Guardian angel that wanted to give me a heart attack? Plus this wasn't one of those fantasy movies.