Chapter Twenty-Nine

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open as he felt lips softly press against his. He smiled and raised his hand to press his index finger against Jungkook's lips.

"You're really pretty when you sleep," Jungkook whispered and Taehyung deeply chuckled.

"That sounds creepy, Kook."

Taehyung's sleepy voice was even deeper than his normal voice. His eyes were barely open and he had a lazy smile plastered across his gorgeous face. Jungkook leaned over and placed a kiss against his soft, addicting lips - not caring about morning breath. Taehyung allowed the kiss to go steady. He was highly aware of Jungkook's hands resting on his waist, but he allowed himself to sink into the kiss.

Jungkook hummed as the younger male kissed him back, pulling him closer as he felt Taehyung's hands slide up his chest. Taehyung loved the buzz he got kissing Jungkook, something he's never experienced until now. The buzz was addictive and neither of them could get enough of it.

But despite the euphoric feeling he received from Jungkook's lips, he couldn't deny the anxiety he received from being so intimate with the older man. A small sense of fear settled around his stomach as he felt Jungkook's hands slide up and bring his shirt with them. He tried to force it away, but it remained.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung whispered as he pulled away to take a breath. Jungkook hummed as he latched his lips onto Taehyung's neck. Taehyung gulped and closed his eyes, sliding his hands down from Jungkook's neck to his shoulders. He tried to relish in the feeling of his boyfriend's lips against his skin and his fingers lightly brushing against his back which sent tingles up his spine.

As Taehyung's panic slowly began to rise, Jungkook suddenly said,

"Is this okay?"

It was as though his panic immediately dissipated. He was never asked that. All those times Dongwook came down to his shabby room where he forced to sit sometimes for days, he never asked Taehyung for consent. It was always "do as I say and you won't get hurt." But no matter what, it always hurt.

"Yes," Taehyung answered.

"Good," Jungkook smiled and leaned down to peck his boyfriend's lips, "one step at a time-" he pecked his lips again before adding, "then one day, you'll be having my kids."

Taehyung scoffed and playfully slapped his arm. But discomfort and panic else settled in his stomach again.

He realized he hasn't told Jungkook that he couldn't carry kids anymore.

---

"You don't miss being king?" Taehyung asked, looking down at his and Jungkook's intertwined fingers.

They had decided to go on a walk to see their new kingdom more. Prince Beomgyu had offered to show them around, but Jungkook politely rejected the offer. He knew the prince was simply trying to get brownie points as he had the hawk eye on him 24/7 since he was not only the eldest but also adopted. Prince Beomgyu wouldn't get the crown as he's not related to the king and queen by blood, but having people on his side once he does come of age was a must. But Jungkook didn't want the teen crashing in on their date, he only wanted to spend time with Taehyung. So Beomgyu would have to get his princely points somewhere else.

"At times," Jungkook answered honestly, "but I enjoy it better here. It's calm, no one is causing trouble."

"You know, you didn't have throw away everything for me," Taehyung said. He still felt guilty; he felt as though Jungkook would become unhappy with him now. He knew Jungkook loved being the king. He could remember rhe bright smile the older male wore when he was crowned king years ago. And then Taehyung seemingly ripped it away.