Chapter Twenty-Two

"God he pisses me off," Jungkook growled as he threw his arms up while pacing around his room. Taehyung watched quietly from the corner of Jungkook's bed as Jungkook blew off steam in the form of minor exercise. The older man continued to rant about his father's audacity while Taehyung kept glancing at the clock, realizing how late it was getting.

"Jungkook..." He finally spoke up as Jungkook crashed down behind him. "I'm sorry your father ruined things for you, but I'm not offended, to be honest. I thought I would be upset but I'm not, I'm fine, everyone else thinks lowly of me so why should I expect more from him?"

"Because he's my father," Jungkook answered with a heavy voice, putting his hands over his face. "He taught me to respect everyone! When I was younger my parents would always rant to me about being thoughtful - thinking before speaking and shit like that and then suddenly he becomes the type person he always hated? He's a fucking hypocrite!"

Taehyung wondered if Jungkook would break into tears. His voice was heavy and shook as his voice continued to rise through his rant. He knew Jungkook wasn't sad so if the king were to cry, it would be from anger. And despite Taehyung wanting to comfort this special someone as best as he could at the moment, he was also terrified of seeing where this overwhelming hatred Jungkook held towards his father could; terrified of what Jungkook could become when all the kindness and thoughtfulness is suddenly wiped out of his system by anger.

Taehyung has seen nothing but the good sides of Jungkook: the understanding, thoughtful, happy, kind, caring side. He's never seen Jungkook sad beside the rejections and he's definitely never seen Jungkook angry. And he's experienced all too well where boiling anger can go and he wasn't willing to subject himself to that. He wanted to say with his boyfriend and comfort him and tell him that his father is just being careless and that Jungkook shouldn't let it get to him but Taehyung couldn't. His anxiety we exceeding along with Jungkook's anger and he felt himself suffocating. He felt absolutely trapped despite the exit being unguarded. This time he was trapped by his own feelings and wants: the want to be there for someone who said they love him but also the want to run away.

"Goddamnit," Jungkook yelled again. He didn't notice his panicking boyfriend at the end of his bed. He didn't see how Taehyung was slowly recoiling while his legs twitched to just leave.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung whispered as he watched the said man stand from his bed and flounced to the other end of his bedroom. He grabbed a frame of his father and stared at it before cursing him again and slamming it on the ground.

Taehyung flinched, digging his nails in the sheets and creating wrinkles underneath his shaking hands. He closed his eyes and tried to convince himself that Jungkook wasn't going to hurt him, that Jungkook wasn't that type of person, that Jungkook wasn't like Lee Dongwook. He repeated it over and over but his thoughts were shattered by Jungkook's angry rambling again. Taehyung saw how the king's hands were balled tightly into fists, so tight that his palm was turning red.

Finally, he spoke up.

"J-Jungkook, I'm ready to leave."

Jungkook stopped in his tracks and turned to face the petrified man seated on his bed. Taehyung was tense, hands tightly grasping his bedding, eyes wide. His chest lifted up and down while shaky breaths emitted from his mouth.

"What?" Jungkook asked a little too harshly.

Call him sensitive but Taehyung felt his heart plunge downwards and he had to fight back tears out or fear that Jungkook would mock him. Taehyung was ambushed by an onslaught of memories from all those years back when he was still with Dongwook. How he had pleaded to leave and go back home and how it only infuriated his old king to the point of destroying the then young boy until he was a crying mess wherever the attack took place.

Would Jungkook do that to him now? It was easy, really. Jungkook had managed to gain enough trust from the younger man to completely tear him down. Plus, Taehyung was in his room and sure the doors were unlocked and also very accessible but that didn't mean he could get out easily.

The trapped feeling only worsened now and the poor frightened male felt as though the weight of Jungkook's gaze had locked him down and kept him in the same spot, unable to move or breathe. The panic rose and as Jungkook took an all-too fast step forwards, Taehyung tiny bit of resolve left and a sound of pure fear pushed past his lips as he grimaced and pulled back.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook said, lowering his voice to a hushed tone. He cursed himself and mentally slapped himself for not noticing the rapidly growing anxiety inside of boyfriend. It only made him angrier that Taehyung had to see him like this and that he allowed himself to completely disregarded the aforementioned man's wellbeing.

"Don't cry, I'm sorry, Taehyung baby please," the king pleaded, holding his shaking hands out. He's worked too hard for this relationship to allow Taehyung to push himself back into the protection of the brick walls Jungkook had managed to knockdown. He was starting at square one again when he still had so much to do now.

Jungkook carefully moved closer to Taehyung who was telling him to move away. He risked not listening to the younger male's pleas and dropped down to his knees right in front of Taehyung. Despite Taehyung's struggles, the king pulled him down to the floor with him before bringing him into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Jungkook said and proceeding to repeat it several times as he held onto his shaking boyfriend while rubbing the back of his head. Jungkook rested his chin atop Taehyung's head, allowing the brown-ish strands to tickle his bottom lip.

They stayed like that for a while until Taehyung's breathing became steady. Taehyung pulled away from Jungkook but before he could say anything, the said man dipped his head down and captured Taehyung's salty lips into his. He feared Taehyung would pull away but he did quite the contrary. Instead, he melted into the kiss and pressed just a tad bit harder while placing his hands to the side of Jungkook's face. Jungkook relished at this moment, his heart leaping as he tried to equal Taehyung's force.

Call him a fool, but Jungkook was convinced that this man right here was the love of his life. Kim Taehyung was the only person Jungkook wanted to marry. And if his kingdom and family couldn't accept the overwhelming and quite alarming amount of love he had for Kim Taehyung then Jungkook knows how to leave them all behind.

---

Word Count: 1170

Oh shnap...

Thoughts?

How are you guys? Are you healthy? Doing alright? School starting yet? Mine is reopening Aug 17th, hbu?