Chapter Seven

Jungkook stared at himself in the mirror as he buttoned his blue blazer. He had contacted Dongwook for one last attempt to try and settle things between the two kingdoms. He had suggested a luncheon at Dongwook's kingdom, not because it would be fair to have it there but because he'd like to talk with one of the servants or maids in private. Dongwook is a liar, he told Jungkook that everyone at his kingdom is happy and healthy but what Taehyung told him was different. It wasn't that Jungkook was playing favourites but there was no way he'd believe the son of an evil king over his rather young husband who looked anything but happy.

Taehyung's words worried him and it was obvious. "If he treated me right then i wouldn't have been depressed." Something in Taehyung's voice told Jungkook that he was still depressed and it was all because of Dongwook. He couldn't really fathom what happened at the kingdom but he remembered his parents talking about the bad condition of the former queen due to the deceased king. He hoped things didn't get that bad now but he was sure he would never find out.

"Jeon sir, your chauffeur is ready," of the maids said, peeking into his room, "should i tell him you're on your way?"

"No, I'm right behind you," Jungkook said, turning on his heels and walking towards the door. He decided to leave at night so he'd make it to the kingdom by day.

As he sat down in the car, Jungkook thought about what he'd talk about. He knew Dongwook wasn't dumb. It was clear Jungkook had taken a great interest in his husband but it's not just Taehyung's appearance that had Jungkook drawn to him. Taehyung had lived with Dongwook since he was fourteen and God only knows what he's been through all those years. He had to bear a child at such a young age only to find out he'd never get to see him. It was obvious, judging from what Taehyung told him, that the young man hadn't received much or any love since he was married to Dongwook. Jungkook wanted to change that.

He knew it may take a while for Taehyung to actually agree to marry him — hell he might not even agree to do so. But Jungkook was willing to wait. He was willing to allow Taehyung to live in his kingdom as a regular villager or whatever he wanted to do in order to try and put his past behind him.

Jungkook knew that Dongwook probably wouldn't give up without a fight and Jungkook also knew that having a king like Dongwook probably meant his military wasn't willing to fight. Jungkook still had to gain the trust of his military as he had postponed the meeting between him and his military for this luncheon. It would take a while and he knew that nobody would be happy with war but Jungkook also wasn't willing to go down without a fight. If his assumptions were correct, fighting against Dongwook should be easy and his military may even allow him to kill the king.

---

Jungkook was baffled. He knew that this kingdom lacked many good qualities thanks to the rulers but he never knew that the kingdom needed so much help until now. He had passed by the coast and saw many happy and wealthy people walking about and welcoming him. He thought that the rest of the kingdom was like that but he found out he was terribly wrong.

Before him, stood people ravished by poverty. Sunken in and tired eyes, ragged clothing and dirt smudges. He was disgusted by their appearance he was disgusted by the fact they these poor villagers had to live this way. The royal family seemed to have done little to nothing to help these poor people and that only added fuel to the fire.

The palace was just like any other palace. There was nothing spectacular about it. Jungkook huffed in pride when he remembered Taehyung staring in awe at his castle's features.

The chauffeur parked in front of the stairs that lead to the two huge wooden doors of the castle. Servants opened Jungkook's door and the king climbed out of the car. He gazed up at the castle with a blank face. It masked his disgust for the rulers of the kingdom and he hoped that things would change soon. The villagers he had seen deserved more than what they're getting.