Chapter Thirteen

As time went on both Taehyung and Jungkook began to drift apart. Jungkook became nothing but a "used-to-be" and a king for Taehyung and Taehyung became nothing but a dream for Jungkook. Jungkook wrapped himself up with duties for his kingdom, priding himself with the happiness and the glamourous lifestyle he was able to provide for the new generations to come. Taehyung busied himself with a new job as a medical assistant and Hanseok but sadly, Hanseok started kindergarten at a private school — a benefit given to him by the king — so he had some free time when he didn't work. His nightmares stopped as his subconscious began to take in the luxuries of being part of a kingdom run by a king who actually cared. His old life was now nothing but a distant memory locked away from the light.

Now that Jungkook is twenty-four, it's become more evident that he needs to find someone to settle down with. There have been many times where his mother or father offered a gathering of eligible brides and husbands but Jungkook turned down the offer with the lane excuse that he's not ready to marry or he doesn't want to share his kingdom yet. Which was true, he has many amazing ideas for the future of his kingdom and the idea of sharing his kingdom with someone with contrasting ideas didn't sit well with Jungkook. Along with that, he can't see himself marrying anyone now. His mind is clouded by one person and his mother noticed.

Jungkook rejected beautiful, smart, and talented men and women for one guy who he hasn't talked to in one in a half years. "Terrible, Jeon you need to do something or forget about him. You have a kingdom to rule over, you can't waste your time in dreamland, Jungkook." The former queen would say over and over again. Finally, she decided enough was enough and wrote a letter to the Kim household without Jungkook's permission.

---

"You have a letter from the former queen..." Taehyung's mother said as she laid the mail down on the table. "She wants to see you today at five."

Taehyung's eyes widened and he rushed towards the woman. He took the letter out of her hand. The letter was written neatly in light cursive. It was short and simple stating that she'd be delighted if Taehyung would meet her on July 5th at five sharp at the castle, guards will be waiting to let him in upon her request.

"I wonder why..." His mother said, "have you done anything?"

"Mother what on earth could I have done to get noticed by the queen, it's been almost two years since Jungkook and I last spoke." Speaking of Jungkook there was no way he would go to the castle and risk being seen by the king. He was about to toss the letter into the trash before he saw the P.S at the bottom.

P.S my dear son Jungkook will not be here, he's gone into town for some hours.

"You go get ready, dear," Taehyung's mother said. "I'll watch Hanseok."

Taehyung nodded, placing the letter on the table and rushing to his room. Hanseok was at school but he'd be getting out in two hours. Taehyung usually waits for Hanseok by the gates welcoming people to the beach. He hoped his mother would remember to do that.

He pulled on a blue and white striped sweater and tucked it into a pair of black slacks. It was the former queen indeed but he wasn't the one who wanted to go, she wanted him so he wasn't going to dress like he was going to a banquet. He pushed his feet into a pair of brown sandals before looking in the mirror above his desk to fix his hair. He dyed his hair earlier last month to blonde and he was surprised with the results. He didn't think he looked good or anything but he did like how blonde complimented his skin.

"Don't forget to look for Hanseok," Taehyung said as he walked through the kitchen towards the backdoor. "He'll be out in two hours."

"I won't, I don't have bad memory yet, Taehyung," his mother replied with an eye roll. "Good luck, tell me what happened when you come back."