Chapter Forty-One

There will be a timeline at the end since a lot of things seem out of order

I might add an epilogue but I haven't quite decided.

---

Time flew by, but Taehyung made sure Jungkook's name would forever be remembered.

Taehyung named his and Jungkook's baby Haeun since Jungkook wanted to keep the "Ha" trend going. She was born perfectly healthy, angry, and pink with the prettiest pair of eyes that resembled Taehyung's late husband. And as time went on, she would grow to look just like Jungkook.

Taehyung split time between the new baby and the kingdom the best he could. He wouldn't allow the baby to come out of the castle out of fear that someone who hated him would go after her. Which was the main reason why Hanseok and Hana still weren't there. They stayed with King Heechul and Queen Momo upon request from the said royal family.

It took a while, but respect for the kingdom's new king slowly began to grow. He provided more resources for the more needy part of the kingdom, expanded the land and the population was slowly going back to its peak, tourists were coming back as he created more jobs for people with landscaping, gardening, and construction. He had picked up where Jungkook had left off and continued doing things the way he thought his husband would but finally decided to start doing things his way as well. Despite the constant threats, Taehyung delivered his unwanted speeches and stood his ground when met with opposition — even while he was pregnant.

People called him weak or scared for having so many bodyguards and hiring people outside the kingdom, but Taehyung chose to ignore such comments. He'd be stupid if he trusted that the kingdom would protect him and Haeun.

"I'll start trusting you when you start trusting me," he had said when he was confronted by people asking why he wasn't hiring people from the kingdom to be his royal guards. How could Taehyung trust the people who wanted him dead alongside his husband?

But slowly, he began to build that trust. People started to realize that he wasn't as bad as they had originally thought he would be. And Taehyung made sure to remind them that if they had realized that with Jungkook, then he'd still be here. But Taehyung tried not to be petty, only mentioning Jungkook when the time was right.

It took a year, but the people began to calm down. They started assisting the patrol with looking for the Jeon family and their compliance gave Taehyung more time with his daughter who had seen more of the maids than her father.

Eventually, they found the Jeons. They were hiding in the outskirts of the kingdom and Taehyung took the pleasure of announcing their much-anticipated arrest to the rest of the kingdom who by then was mostly on Taehyung's side.

Taehyung took great pride in assuring the family of three that they would be going to prison for a long time. None of them said anything to Taehyung as they already knew everything that was going to happen to them.

The judge had other charges for Mr. Jeon and Junghyun including but not limited to the slander of the king with whom Jungkook almost went to war with and tax fraud and Mrs. Jeon was charged with arranging the killing of her son and recent searched showed she had evidence of plotting yet another murder for Taehyung when he was still pregnant, but it, of course, didn't work out as they began hiding.

During that trial time, Taehyung also finally got a chance to talk to Yeri who obviously had nothing to do with Junghyun or his family. Her only concerns were her sons. Taehyung offered to let them come back and hire Yeri as his royal advisor but she politely declined stating, "I've had my taste of royalty, but I'll definitely come by to visit."