Chapter Twenty

"Sire, are you alright?" His chauffeur asked as he crashed down into his backseat. He glanced at the man through the rear-view mirror and caught a glimpse of the angry red handprint on his cheek. He scoffed quietly and looked out his window.

"All is fine, just take me home."

His chauffeur nodded and pulled out of the driveway from his parents' house. The ride was silent but Jungkook's mind wasn't. His thoughts were racing and more he thought about the position his father allowed his brother to put him in, the angrier he became.

His brothers' wife had wanted him to go to Africa with her so they could help out in the poorer countries. However, while she did most of the humanitarian work, his brother had snuck off to one of the richer countries in Africa where one of the richest kingdoms were located and met up with the king. At first, the king had offered his daughter to Jungkook's brother along with a promise to help expand the kingdom and help get rid of debts and also increase the kingdom's overall wealth. Jungkook's brother, of course, declined the offer since he is already happily married. His father had told Jungkook's brother to then offer Jungkook as a husband for the African king's daughter without speaking a word to Jungkook about it. However, far before Jungkook's brother met the African king, Jungkook had told his father about Taehyung and how his relationship with the younger man was serious. Jungkook believed he made a mistake when his father asked if marriage was on the table yet and Jungkook, without thinking, told him no. But marriage really wasn't on his or Taehyung's mind, Jungkook just wanted a simple yet amazing relationship and that's what he has right now.

Jungkook's brother had returned back to the kingdom with the African princess who was promised a date with Jungkook before marriage plans went into effect.

'I'm not doing it' Jungkook thought as he dug his nails into the palms of his hands out of anger 'I belong with Taehyung, I don't want anyone else but him'

Will he tell Taehyung? His mind stopped swirling as that question crept into his mind. He wasn't going to let this woman or his father come between their relationship but Taehyung definitely needed to know about his father's terrible plans. Jungkook knew if he hid these plans then it would seem as though he was on their side and trying to hide the fact that he will be married to someone else. Jungkook wasn't going to allow the trust he managed to gain to go down the drain.

They arrived at his castle not too long later. He thanked his chauffeur before climbing out. He noticed his brother's new Mercedes parked behind his mother's black older model Mercedes. He rolled his eyes at the two cars and walked around the giant fountain, being careful not to disrupt the birds that were walking around it. He walked between his brother and mother's cars and towards the stairs where he was greeted by a nervous maid.

"Y-Your highness!" She greeted as she bowed, "there's awkward tension in there between them and a foreign woman — I believe her name is Alika — your brother, his wife, your mother, and the woman all watched your speech earlier today and...your mother looks happy, the rest besides—"

"Ae-na, please," Jungkook held his hand up and used his other hand to pinched the bridge If his nose. "Just let me in."

The petite maid did as told and moved out of his way. He opened the door and allowed her to walk in first before following behind her. He walked into the entrance room and asked his maid if the dinner was ready before asking if Taehyung was still in his room. His maid was eyeing the mark on his cheek as she talked.

"Dinner just finished being prepared, we're waiting for your father—"

"He'll be late."

"O-Okay...uh...Taehyung is still in your room, yes, and I did as you said: tend to his every need which wasn't much he only asked for water and to use the phone."