Chapter Twenty-Four

Sorry for jacking up the chapters. I went from 21 to 23, 23 to 25, and 25 to 27. Idek how 😭💀💀

I kinda removed Hanseok and Tae moments because 1. obviously there was nowhere to fit them in and 2. I was debating whether or not to continue the "mommy" train or not.

I no longer refer to my male carrier characters as "mommy" as I feel kind of uncomfortable doing it. The only female trait I give them is the ability to carry children and by referring to them as "mommy" or whatever is kind of misgendering is my opinion and I just don't like doing it. I used "mommy" before because I was comfortable with it but my new books no longer use "mommy" when referring to male carriers who take on the "mother" role.

So from this point forward, Hanseok shall refer to Taehyung as "daddy" and any version of that. Hope you guys understand. I was trying to ignore the weird feeling I got from writing "mommy" every time I wrote Hanseok's dialogue but I couldn't, sorry 💔.

---

"Daddy, when is Kookie taking us out again?" Hanseok asked as he hopped up to Taehyung with wildflowers in his hand. He dropped the flowers onto Taehyung's lap and turned to run and pick some more.

"I don't know," Taehyung answered honestly, watching his seven-year-old trip over a root and flop onto the ground.

He cringed at the dirt stain on his son's beige T-shirt but he knew the boy would inevitably get dirty. Children were so messy. Hanseok dusted himself off and pushed himself off the ground before grabbing a white flower and picking it.

"Can we go to the park next time?" He asked, completely unbothered by the fall. He disappeared behind a bush but Taehyung could still hear him ask, "a picnic?"

Taehyung hummed loudly, watching Hanseok's head which was barely visible behind the large plant. The boy was getting taller every day it seemed. "I'll ask him, maybe he'll like that."

Silence fell around them. Taehyung watched Hanseok father more flowers before getting bored with those and started messing with rocks and colourful pebbles. He started building with the stones before adding the flowers and grass and dirt as decorations.

Taehyung decided to bring Hanseok to the fields a little farther away from their home to spend some alone time with the seven-year-old and to get his mind off of what's been happening. It was working, luckily. Just watching Hanseok enjoy himself by messing with whatever nature could give him gave him a sense of tranquillity and made all the stress and anxiety he's allowed to swell up inside of him spill out in waves.

The area they were in wasn't necessarily a private area but no one was there at the moment. Once people started to show up, Taehyung would leave.

Hanseok eventually became bored with his sculptures and crashed down on Taehyung's lap, getting the dirt from his dirty little hands all over his daddy's pants.

"The kids at school are jealous that I know the king," the seven-year-old suddenly said before sheepishly smiling up at Taehyung, "I told them you go on dates."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Hanseok."

He shrugged. "It's true, you go on dates."

"How do you know they're dates? I never told you they were dates."

Hanseok turned his body so he was facing Taehyung. "Because you never invite me - besides sometimes...my friend said when two grown-ups don't invite you when they go out it's because they're either going on a date or they're going to a strip club."