Chapter Ten

Tae's room:

Tae's room:

-

--

Besides yesterday, Taehyung can't remember the last time he's ever woken up in what he'd consider "heaven". He didn't wake up in his dark, windowless room with his heart in his chest, feeling as though the walls around him were going to crush him. Instead, he woke up to the peaceful sounds of birds chirping and the pale sunlight shining through the open window. There was a gorgeous dove sitting on his window and when it looked at Taehyung, it tilted its head and released a rumble-like sound. In its beak was a thornless rose with a what looked like paper taped to it. The dove dropped the rose on his desk before jumping around and flying out of the window.

Taehyung was about to get up to check the rose out but he felt the small body beside him move. His heart leapt out of this chest when he looked down at his son and a huge smile broke across his face. He had forgotten that Hanseok requested to "just lie down" with him and watch a movie and they both ended up falling asleep.

The brunette lied turned around on his side and pressed his nose to Hanseok's small one. He rubbed the back of the five year old's head and pulled him closer to his body. Taehyung moved the boy's bangs away before placing a long kiss to his forehead. A sudden thud made Taehyung flinch and whip his head in the direction of his window. He saw the dove fly in again with a pink rose in its beak. He dropped it on his desk and flew away.

'What the hell?' The brunette thought, moving his arms from around his son and sitting up. Taehyung walked towards his desk and picked up the red rose first. He put the petals up to his face and inhaled, closing his eyes and smiling at the delightful smell. He removed the tape from the stem before unfolding the paper.

Dear Taehyung,

Cheesy right? I don't care. You seem like the guy that reads those weird romance novels and I'm not big on romance but doves are in that category, right? Anyway, I was wondering if you'd give me a chance to have a talk with you. I'm very besotted with you, I have been since the funeral (terrible person, I am) but now that I know you more, barely, but better I can say that you're an amazing person.
Give me a chance? I wrote this letter and I had to find a messenger bird. That was hard.
- J.JK

Taehyung's mouth fell agape as he reread the letter over and over. Jungkook was besotted with him? He knew Jungkook was the whole other end of the spectrum when it came to comparing him with Dongwook but based on his experience with the king, Taehyung felt a little scared. Dongwook had charm, it was never directed to Taehyung but when it came to making a good impression, he had it. Jungkook also had charm and Taehyung has seen it. Maybe Jungkook is manipulating him?

Being with Dongwook created trust issues that Taehyung wasn't aware of until now. With a worried and quite fearful expression, the brunette sat down on his bed and stared at his open window. He quickly stood back up to shut it before sitting back down. He should have known that Jungkook took a deep interest in him. Why else would he have done all of this for Taehyung? Jungkook killed Taehyung's husband just to get to him? Dongwook's murder is justified but Taehyung was panicking and he could feel the fear creeping inside of him.

"Mommy?"

Taehyung crashed back down to earth when he heard Hanseok's small voice call him out. He turned around and smiled at the five-year-old who was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Good morning, baby," Taehyung cooed, lying back down and pulling the five-year-old close to him. He pressed his lips against Hanseok's forehead.

"Mommy I want to go to the beach," Hanseok stated, sitting, "grandma never wet me go."

"We can go today, if you want," Taehyung said, completely forgetting about Jungkook's request. He didn't want to hurt himself anymore, he needed time with to gather his thoughts and get himself back together. He's been raped, abused and he had his own child taken away from him when he was only fourteen. He's been through too much to put himself into a whole situation and Jungkook needed to understand that.

Taehyung didn't want to ve treated like a damsel in distress. He felt as though Jungkook was taking advantage of his vulnerable situation and it made him scared and just a bit angry.

"I want to!" Hanseok said, jumping off the bed, "I want to go to the beach!"

"Then the beach we shall go." Taehyung laughed and stood up with him. It was an overwhelming feeling when you finally get to be reunited with your child and you actually get to keep him. Taehyung has missed five whole years of Hanseok's life and he didn't plan to miss anymore.

---

After Taehyung made Hanseok eat breakfast, they started off towards the beach.

Taehyung watched his five-year-old run ahead of him. He had a huge smile on his face and he could help but laugh as Hanseok stumbled over his own feet and fell in the sand. Hanseok pushed himself back up and continued his run to the water.

Taehyung wasn't going to let Hanseok go deep into the ocean so they both sat down where the tides came up and Taehyung kept him close so he wouldn't be washed away. Hanseok stood up as a wave came towards them and was pushed back down on his bum as the saltwater crashed over him. The brunette laughed when he heard Hanseok's giggle and watched him repeat the action.

They spent their whole morning at the beach until Hanseok began to get tired. They returned home and showered and Taehyung put Hanseok down a for a nap. During that time, Taehyung caught up with his mother over a cup of tea. He didn't mention Jungkook's letter or his so-called infatuation with him and instead, allowed his mother to ramble on about all the things he missed out on. He was happy to finally be reunited with his family and a little part of him refused to believe it's real; that one day he'd wake up and realize that he was only in a short coma and all the sadness would come washing in.

That's why he's not ready to give Jungkook a chance. His trust was ruined and he trusted Jungkook enough. Now Jungkook thinks he can woo Taehyung but that's not going to happen. Taehyung is grateful for everything Jungkook has done but he couldn't find it himself to allow Jungkook to be part of his life the way Jungkook wants to. But that sparked up another worry inside of the troubled brunette.

If he didn't do what Jungkook wanted him to do, was Jungkook going to take everything away from him?

---

Word Count: 1193