🏮| P7: Cosmos✨Tech Squared✨Media.it |🏮

| INDIAN WOMEN IN SPACE |By _LibraChild_

By _LibraChild_

"If you're doing mission operations you don't need to watch a science-fiction movie, we see the excitement in our day-to-day lives."
– Nandini Harinath, Project Manager Mission Design, Deputy Operations Director, Mars Orbiter Mission, ISRO.

Continuing the celebration of womanhood in this month's edition, I would like to bring 5 women who had contributed to space projects and it's extended fields.

Here is a list of women who contributed significantly in the field of science -

Minal Sampath
For over 2 years, Minal worked as a systems engineer for India's mission to Mars. She worked flat out without any leave in a windowless room to make our country proud and Mangalyan mission a success.

Kirti Faujdar
Kirti finds ISRO workplace friendly for women but is sad because of lack in their number. She is part of a team that monitors the satellites and the several other missions continuously.

N Valarmathi
As the project head of India's first indigenously-developed Radar Imaging Satellite, she was the first person to receive Abdul Kalam Award in 2015. She has been involved in many missions including Insat 2A, IRS IC, IRS ID, TES. She is the second woman scientist of ISRO to head a prestigious project.

Tessy Thomas
She is an engineer and the Project Director for Agni-IV missile in Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Tessy is the first woman engineer to head a missile project in India. She is known as the 'Missile Woman' of India.

Muthayya Vanitha
Vanitha's first job was that of the junior-most engineer. Former director of URSC convinced her to be the Project Manager of Chandrayan- 2, she worked tirelessly for 18 hours per day. Later, she became an integral part of Mangalyaan in 2013. She was awarded the Best Woman Scientist Award of the Astronomical Society of India in 2006 for her work and was also featured in the international scientific journal, Nature.