11.

"Your mother hasn't told me everything yet. So Rose, please tell me more about Luke because I care about you" Joe said while I crossed my arms and threw my head back. I had enough of his lies. I didn't want him to be part of my life. It's either my mother and I or I'll be alone. Rather that than a life with him. My mother looked at me and placed her hand on my knee.

"Okay. His name is Luke and we're dating. That's all" "What is he like?" Joe continued, pretending to be the good guy or father. I wanted to make up that he's doing drugs, that he's smoking and drinking alcohol every single day, but not everything was true and I would only make a bigger fuss. "Very sweet and gentle. I finally feel loved"

Joe nodded and looked at my mother who gave him a small smile. "Well, he sounds very lovely. I'd like to meet him" "Yeah, but that's not going to happen. He wouldn't like you" I smirked and my mother squeezed my knee, according that I should shut up before I went too far. "Anyways, we're going to see a movie tonight. I better get ready" I said, not waiting for an allowance because I was going anyways. While walking upstairs, I called one of my very good friends Gina ask her what I should wear. I already have told her everything about Luke and me. She was like a best friend to me. I didn't see her very often because she recently moved to another city, on the side of the country. But if something happened with me, she'd be here in a second.

"Just wear something what's not too revealing. You'll give him the surprise later" She said slowly and I laughed out loud.

"I'll just go for a top and shorts I guess. I have nothing actually"

"Oh my God, I wish we could go shopping now, like the old days. Ugh we better meet up soon"

"Agreed" I said and went through my jewelry box and picked up a necklace that looked too familiar.

"And how are things going with Matty? Are you still having contact with him?" She carefully asked and I now realized that I was holding a necklace he once gave me. "Uhm, no. He's out of my life"

"You said that last time but when you saw him with another girl, you screamed it out" Gina stated and I groaned. "Shut up over him. I have Luke now. I don't want Matty in my life. He's too dangerous. He fucking threatened me with a knife once. He isn't worth my time" I lightly spat while throwing the necklace to the other side of the room.

"Wow I'm sorry girl.. Didn't want to make you mad"

"I'm not mad!-.. I'm not mad" I calmly said and looked at myself in the mirror. "Well, I'm off. Tell me how it went" She said and I nodded,

"Love you, bye"

I hung up and threw my phone on my bed. I have a short temper, that's for sure. But I just can't stand people who bring up the past, every fucking time. It's called past for a reason. Let it go.

I grabbed my clothes as I firstly wanted to take a shower. I first packed my bag, not bothered to pack my cigarets too. I now looked at it with a different point of view. I didn't want to end up like my father. I finally found a reason to live and that reason was partly Luke. He'd somehow let me show that there are so many beautiful things out there that I wanted to experience. I was convinced that I could live without smoking, but that'd be pretty difficult too. But I like challenges, so bring it on.

I went to take a shower and stripped down, also untying my hair. After a good twenty minute shower, I pulled on my clothes and grabbed my bag, running downstairs. I then heard the doorbell and thanked God that I was downstairs. "That must be Luke" My mother said and I nodded. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and waved to Joe as he was already waving at me.

I opened the door and said goodbye one last time before stepping outside. "Hey, you look good" Luke said and grabbed my hand as I quietly giggled. "Thank you, mr. Brooks. You don't look too bad to yourself too"