14.

"Rose, you stopped smoking?" My mother asked while I came downstairs. I nodded while placing my bag on the ground. I was going to Luke's later, which made me happy. "How do you know?" I asked and walked over to her. Luckily, Joe was at work and my mother had a day off. "Because you seem so much healthier and happier" she stated and I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe it's because of Luke" she winked and I blushed. Maybe. Probably.

"So how do you feel?" I asked and grabbed a bottle water. "I'm good. Joe has been promoted at his work, which means that he will get a higher salary" She smiled. I frowned my eyebrows. "You're happy about him, but are you happy about yourself?"

She laughed a little. "You're so poetic sometimes, Rose. Your dad was that too at times"

I nodded and remember some poems and stories he told me before I went to bed. Something like, 'Once upon a time, there was a little guy who loved a girl. And her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering'

I obviously didn't understand it back then, but now I do. "So when are you going to Luke?" My mother asked while I checked my bag if I had everything. "No need to hurry, he had to go to the hospital first because his mother needs some aspirins"

My mother frowned her eyebrows. "But you can buy them at the chemist?" "No he said that they were not on recipe or something, I don't know" I didn't really mind where Luke was, as long as he told me.

The bell rang and my mother went to open the door. I also didn't understand Luke at times, but I was really trying to. We aren't dating for so long yet I still can't live without him a single day.

My mother walked back with a huge bouquet of flowers. Roses, to be exact. She had a huge smile on her face. "Those are for you! From Luke, I believe" She handed me the roses and I smiled. "Oh my God, that's so cute"

My cheeks turned red and my mother literally went crazy about it. "So cute! Here, I'll put them in a vase for you"

I knocked on Luke's door and he greeted me with a smile. "Come in babe"

I walked past him but he grabbed my arm and spun me around, giving me a soft kiss. "I missed you"

"Missed you too. How are you?" I said and hung up my jacket.

"I'm good. Let's go upstairs" I grabbed my bag and walked with him upstairs.

We laid down and Luke grabbed his cigarettes. I remembered myself that I shouldn't smoke one, so I didn't.

"What's this on your neck?" I asked as I saw some scars. "Oh, it's a pretty funny story actually. My mom and I saw a cat and I picked her up because I love animals"

I started laughing and clapped my hands. "Good job"

"I know I know, thank you"

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. His hair wasn't all pushed back with gel, it was actually very natural and curly.

We watched a movie, ate something and the day went pretty fast. The movie just ended and I clapped my hands. "That was amazing" I said sarcastically. "That was fucking gross" Luke groaned and regret watching a horror movie.

"Oh well, the Notebook next time?" I laughed and he groaned even harder. "I watched that stupid movie over a thousand times." "Luke, it's not a stupid movie" I raised my finger and he chuckled. "Yeah, right"

I grabbed my phone and checked if I had any new messages from Matty. Luckily, none so I put my phone away.

"Truth or dare?" Luke said and I looked at him. "People still play that game?" I joked and he crossed his arms. "Yes, duh"

"Well, truth" I replied and sat up.

"Do you love me?" He asked and I smiled. "Nah I absolutely hate you" I joked and poked him. "Just kidding, I do"

His smile slightly returned. "Prove me" He said and I tilted my head. "That's not a question, sir Brooks. And it's my turn. Truth or dare?"

"Dare" He replied cheekily. "Kiss me" I said and he immediately connected his lips with mines. I wrapped my arms around him and sat on his lap, deepening the kiss. He pulled back and I bit my lip to stop me from groaning.

"My turn" He said. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth" I said as I didn't know what to expect. "Did you had sex with Matty?"

A lump formed in my throat. Matty.

"Rose, you're so fucking beautiful" Matty's breath hitched against mines. "Matty, not now" I said quietly as his grip around my throat tightened. "Don't worry, I got this" He whispered and softly placed some kisses on my neck. I threw my head back and looked if I saw anyone. But it was just Matty and me in the little empty room of his house. "I don't want this" "You'll enjoy anyway" He said and lowered his kisses.

"I know a joke" I changed the subject but Luke looked at me. "Rose,"

"Why do you wanna know this?!" I got annoyed and Luke shrugged his shoulders. "Because I don't want to make the same mistakes as him" "You won't. You're amazing, don't question that" I said and he nodded.

He stared at me for a while until he smashed his lips on mines again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he laid me down, hovering above me. He pulled away to get some breath and I kissed him again. I played with the hem of his shirt and he took it off. He started playing with the buttons of my blouse too and slowly unbuttoned it, not leaving my eyes.

"Thank you" I said as he looked at me. "For what?" He whispered.

"For the roses. That made my day" I smiled and kissed him again. He quickly pulled away.

"What roses?"

I frowned and sat up. "The ones you sent me earlier this day?"

Luke shook his head. "I didn't send you anything"

My breath hitched and I nodded. "Nevermind"

"No tell me" Luke said. "Did you receive roses today?" "Yes and I thought it was from you. My mom was with me so she couldn't have been it"
I replied and ran a hand through my hair.

"What the fuck" Luke balled his fists. "It's okay, I don't really care"

"I do, what if it was Matty?" Luke said and I rubbed my eyes. "He better not" Luke continued and I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, maybe it was my aunt or something" I said and sighed. That was impossible, she didn't even live here. What did Matty want from me? It was getting on my nerves, but mostly on Luke's. Maybe I should really shut up about some things to Luke. It's for the best.

"So you don't mind if it was him? because you still love him, don't you?" Luke confronted me and I frowned. "Luke? What the fuck, no. How many times do I have to tell you?" I stood up and buttoned my shirt. "Stop being so fucking jealous" I said and he stood up too.

"I'm not jealous, I'm just protective" He said and grabbed my arm. "I love you. Don't go. I can't help it that I'm stupid at times"

"It's okay I just-"

He kissed me again and placed his hands on my hips. "I love you. I really do" He whispered. "I love you too" I replied and he intertwined our fingers. "Let's not talk about Matty anymore. He's gone. He's dead to me" He said and I nodded. We laid down and I laid my head on Luke's chest while he slowly stroked my hair.

I closed my eyes, pretending that I was falling asleep while I was just trying to think. I'll contact Matty tomorrow. Just to make it clear to him that he has to stop. But I wasn't even sure if it was him.