"I'm sure you're tired from your trip." She says with a smile. She doesn't even look like she was crying a minute ago, "I'll have dinner sent up to your room later today, please take your rest and if you need anything—" She nods at the direction of a remote control sitting on the bedside table, "—just press the red button on the remote control and you'll be attended to immediately."

"Thank you so much for your hospitality." I reciprocate her small bow with mine and she leaves.

I let out a sigh and fall back to the bed. The bed is surprisingly soft and I don't stay long before I surrender myself to sleep.

When I awaken, there's already a tray of food on the coffee table in front of the armchair. I sit up and rub my eyes grabbing my phone from my purse; I find out that it's already the next morning. I'd been sleeping for more than ten hours, how tired could I have been. I'm surprised the food is warm.

"Fuck." I murmur as I scroll through the countless missed calls in my phone and decide to call Casper.

"I thought you were hurt." Casper says immediately he answers the phone.

"I'm sorry. I slept off, I guess I just have been really tired." I hear him sigh.

"I had to call Sebastian and confirm from him that you were okay. I would have come there if something happened to you."

"Don't worry, I'm not harmed. They wouldn't do something like that, we're their last hope."

"Have you seen the king great grand daughter yet?"

"Great great great grand daughter." I correct and I hear his light scoff, "And no I haven't. I'll be checking on her today."

"Be careful okay, you might trust them but this deep sleep state is unknown territory, anything can happen. The vampires aren't your only enemy there, the shadows could be there."

"I understand your concerns and don't worry, I'll be okay. How's Javier?"

He sighs and I walk around the room till I'm in front of the window, "He's asleep now but he cried all day yesterday because you left without saying good bye."

"Tell him that I'll make it up tomorrow when I come home."

"Will you make it up to me too?" He teases and I smile.

"I'll make it up to you lots."

I then walk to the armchair and take a seat, "I'll also bring back some pictures of the castle here. It's really beautiful."

"Is it really?"

"It's honestly breathtaking and the whole vampire territory looks like one big winter wonderland. If everything goes well here, we should come over for vacation sometime.If they'd let us."

"I'm not stepping foot on vampire territory." I almost roll my eyes at his comment.

"Oh come on, it's fucking amazing here. Javier will love it."

"If you say it is maybe we can look into having the vampire king permit us to enter his territory. We can make arrangements when you get back but only after you've safely had our child." From my spot in the armchair, I can look out the window and I wish Casper could see the view that I'm seeing.

"You accepted it so fast. I thought I would need to persuade you with some other methods"

"And do pray tell the methods you planned on using."

"I'll rather leave it to your imagination."

"Is that—" He starts to say but stops. It's seems like he's having a conversation with someone else, "—I have to go now, Victor says that something just happened and it's urgent. I'll talk to you later."

The phone beeps before I could even tell him goodbye. I look at my phone and see the network signal at two bars.

I finish my breakfast and take a quick shower. I'm combing my hair when I hear a knock on my door, I tell the person knocking to come in and Edna steps into my room with Sebastian behind her.

"I was wondering if you two would love to go sight seeing before meeting with the king for lunch." She asks.

"Will it be okay to enjoy something like that without seeing your daughter?" I look at her from the mirror and she shakes her head.

"This evening seems like a more suitable time for that but if you want to proceed immediately then we can arrange for that."

"It's alright. This evening is definitely a suitable time for me to see her. We can enjoy a bit of sight seeing before then."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so happy right now, bittersweet now has 1 million reads 🎉
Thank you all for actually reading my book and helping to get to where it is. I really love and appreciate each and everyone of you and the support you've shown me.
I didn't even really notice till my friend Annefullofgold sent me a text message congratulating me.
I really do want to do something special for 1 million reads so I'd like your opinions. Should I do something special(if you say so,what should I do?) or just leave it like that?