"Then trust mine. I'll come back to you," I kiss him and pull back, "I promise you Casper that I'll be safe and I won't let anything happen to me or our child."

"I'm going to come with you."

"No. You stay here with Javier and the pack. It's dangerous for the both of us to leave. We're very vulnerable now."

"That's why we need to stick toge—" He starts to say as he caresses my cheek.

"I promise you that it won't take long. You stay here and take care of the pack and keep Javier safe okay?"

He presses his forehead to mine, "you promise?"

"I promise."

"You can only stay for three days. No more okay?"

"Okay I will."

"And you take Sebastian with you."

I open my mouth to argue but he cuts me off, "No arguments please. It'll make me feel better."

Fabian and I decide to take the trip the next day since the situation is so urgent which neither Casper or my family were happy with.

"What the hell is casper thinking? letting you go into vampire territory to meet the vampire king himself." Noel says as I pack my luggage for the short trip.

"He trusts me and I just have a feeling that this is so for the best. I know they won't hurt me. They're desperate."

"You don't know them odetta. Vampires are vicious and blood thirsty. This might be a trap." I can hear the frustration in his voice and I roll my eyes.

I look at a black blouse contemplating whether I should take it or not. "Fabian is nice and I'm sure the rest are just like him."

"I'm fucking serious odetta. If you're not going to listen to me, maybe your mate will be able to see reason."

I hear a beep which signals that he has ended the call. I look at my phone and scroll through all the text messages from my family members telling what a terrible idea this is.

It's annoying at how they don't seem to trust me or my decision but I understand that they're just worried for my safety. I text them all back telling them not to worry about me before zipping my suitcase shut.

"Are you really going mommy?" Javier asks as he runs into my room.

"I'm just going to be gone for three days. I'll be back very soon, you won't even know I'm gone."

He hugs me and buries his face in my thigh, "Grandpa says you're going to a dangerous place. Will you be alright?"

"They're just over exaggerating. I'm just going to see a little girl who is just like you."

"Just like me?"

"Yes." I go down on one knee in front of him, "you know those things you and Natty see at night?"

He nods.

"This things put the little girl in deep sleep so she can't wake up. I'm just going there to wake her up okay?"

"Is she going to be okay?" He asks with concern.

"I don't know. That's why I have to go, to make sure she wakes up."

He hugs me, "You have to go and make sure she's okay."

"Don't worry, I'm going to wake her up and then I'll come stay with you. I promise that I'll be back soon and nothing will happen to me." I hug him back and pressing my nose to his neck, I inhale his soft scent.

"I'll be a good boy and wait for you until you come back."

Fabian, Sebastian and I leave early the next morning even before Javier wakes up with Casper seeing me off and promising to kill bathe Sebastian and Fabian I'd I have even a tiny scratch.

I make sure to bring some herbs, moon water and some books that were still salvageable from the fire in Dakota cabin incase they contained some information on the deep sleep to read on the train.

We pass by some beautiful mountains during the ten hour train ride to the vampire territory. Sebastian made sure to sit beside me during the whole ride for protection while keeping his distance from Fabian and sending him dirty looks.

If Fabian notices it, he doesn't say. He just sits across from us looking out the window. When we finally arrive, he leads us towards a limo already waiting for us.

A beautiful woman dressed in all black is waiting beside the car. Her beautiful black hair which complements her pale skin is in a sleek bun and she has a small smile on her face. She looks like the epitome of class and elegance. Fabian bows when we approach the woman and she nods in his direction before directing her smile to me.

She takes my hands in her cold ones and presses it to her chill forehead. I try not to squirm from my wolf's blatant disgust to the touch, "I thank you oracle for accepting our request." she steps back, "I'm crown princess Edna. I'm sorry that my great, great grandfather could not make it, I assure you that he means no disrespect." She gives a small bow.

I awkwardly reciprocate her bow, "It's no problem. Thank you for accepting us."

"I hear about your unborn child. Congratulations Luna odetta. We swear to keep you, your unborn child and your acquaintance safe."

Sebastian returns her small smile towards him with a frown of his and if she's offended, she does not show it. Her smile doesn't fall and she usher us into the car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter is dedicated to Annefullofgold
I am Pleased to announce that bittersweet is complete. I decided to publish two chapters now but the remaining chapters will be published daily.
Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote, comment and share.