Chapter Nine

I thought I might want to confirm that only about three weeks have passed since the first chapter. Just for this story's sake, we're going to assume that first term for college starts in September. Just for the heck of it. :D

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the lyrics in this chapter!

~~~

"Where is this after-party supposed to take place?" I ask. We're in a huge, dark limo. I'm squeezed in between Harry and Niall, who still clutches my hand. Every minute we spend positioned like this, I'm beginning to feel more and more comfortable around him.

"Well, we were going to rent out the ballroom at the hotel," Liam begins.

"But then we decided that's lame," Louis adds with a wink.

"So we are going to hook a Blu-Ray player to one of the TVs in our rooms and watch movies," Niall finishes up.

"And we're only watching Disney movies, according to Liam," Zayn groans.

"Don't hate on my childhood," Liam defends.

"Um, we can't have a movie night without popcorn and candy," I say.

Harry laughs, "We've got that covered."

We arrive at the hotel in no time. We've all still got awful jetlag, so despite the fact that its already almost midnight, the six of us are completely awake. The security guards hop out of the car and help escort us inside (the paps and some fans followed us). We keep our heads down until we get in the building. Then, security leaves us alone as we pile into the elevator.

First, I walk in. Then Niall. Then Liam. And suddenly, Louis and Zayn come in with a huge train of the boys' stylists and managers and other people. Before I know it, I've been pushed and shoved and am soon standing right in between the elevator wall and Niall's chest. I look up (I mean, right up) at him awkwardly.

"I'm sorry about this," I say.

He laughs. "I've never been this close to you, babe," he says, a seductive smirk crossing his lips.

"Hey," I say, giving him a shove. The rest of the ten second wait as we go up, he tries to kiss me. I turn my head constantly, laughing at his failed attempts.

Once the elevator dings and the doors open, the boys help me to push everyone out. "Hey Lou?" Harry asks the stylist. "Can we kidnap Lux for the night?"

Lou smiles. "You don't want to, Harold. She's been crying all night! She's really exhausted!"

"Fine. But I get her all day tomorrow!" Harry says. Everyone who was in the elevator, aside from the boys and me, heads off to their rooms. Uncle Paul stops to tell me goodnight before heading off to his own room.

"Okay, everyone go change into your PJs and meet in Louis' room!" Liam announces. We all take off. I get to my room and slip out of my summer concert outfit, exchanging it for the cheetah-print pants I wore last night and a white tank. I care somewhat about how I look, so I quickly use my fingers to fluff my curled hair and dab a tiny bit of foundation on before grabbing my cell phone and running off to Louis' room.

He answers the door after the first knock, wearing Coco-Cola pants. "Phoebe! You're the first one here," he greets, inviting me in.

"Really? You'd think since I'm the girl I'd be last," I say, plopping down on the bed.

"One would think that," Louis says with a laugh. "They're all lazy bums."

I giggle as another knock comes from the door. Liam and Harry join the party, Liam carrying a bag that he claims is filled with all sorts of movies. Zayn and Niall come in last.