Chapter Eight

"Phoebe!"

"Lizzie!"

"Phoebe!"

"Lizzie!"

In case you can't tell, I am in a slightly good mood. I was awakened at 5 AM by a text message. It was from my best friend Lizzie who, after graduation, went on a three week long mission trip to Africa. Finally, she was back in Wales and I couldn't be happier. At the moment, we were FaceTiming.

"How was the savanna?" I ask.

"I don't even know how to describe it. The children were the sweetest. I had a great time, but now I'm completely wiped out! But enough of me. I come home and my best friend isn't even on the continent? Where you at, girl?"

I laugh. "I'm in New York."

Her jaw drops. "Why?"

I shrug, "I might just be touring with a world famous band."

"And you didn't even invite me? I'm hurt." She grins as a laugh escapes her lips. "Who are you touring with?"

"Who did you and me fall in love with while they were on the X-Factor, but you continued to follow them until they--"

"There is no way you're on tour with One Direction."

I let a joking smile cross my lips. "Uh, yeah I am!"

"Prove it."

Thinking for a second, I say, "Your favorite was Liam, right?"

"Correction, is."

"Be back in a second." I put my cell phone down and dial his room number. A few seconds later, a surprisingly awake voice answers. "Hey Liam, I've got my best friend on the phone. She doesn't believe I'm on tour with you guys."

He laughs, a soft, deep sound. "Okay, be there in a second," he says before hanging up.

I grab my other phone and say, "He's heading this way."

"Phoebe Irene, if this is some kind of practical joke..."

"It's not!"

A knock at the door seconds later catches her attention. "Phoebe..."

"Calm down!" I walk over to the door and swing it open. "Lizzie Marie Peterson, meet Liam James Payne."

Liam jumps into the camera shot with me, an idiotic expression on his face as he says, "Hello!"

Lizzie's jaw falls. Her eyes grow big. And she says, "And you didn't invite me because?"

Liam smiles. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he says like the gentleman he is. He pulls out his phone. "Do you have a Twitter? I'd be delighted to follow you!"

She tells him her username, voice trembling. "Thank you so much!"

"No problem! I'll get the other guys to follow you too!" He turns to me. "I'm going to try and get some sleep. You ladies don't have too much fun, okay?" He flashes Lizzie a wink before walking out of the room.

"Okay, point proven," Lizzie says. "You are amazing. Have you hooked one of them yet?" she smirks.

My lips purse themselves into a tight line as I think about tonight's earlier event. "Well, one of them likes me."

"Like like?" she asks.

I nod. "And it's funny that you called me when you did, because he might've asked me to be his girlfriend last night."

"What?!" Lizzie nearly drops her phone. "Wh-WHAT?! Girl, you better not have said no! Please tell me you didn't say no!"

A smile growing on my lips, I say, "I didn't say no."