How They Find & Deal With Your Insecurities: Pt1

Start from the beginning

You were having a blast, Schlatt being awful at anything to do with balance thanks to his Timbs, so he kept almost falling and taking you with him since he kept grabbing you. You'd played bowling and tennis and couldn't stop the laughter that left you as Schlatt threw the controller after losing again.

The video was then all recorded, Schlatt taking a deep breath and once the button to stop recording was pressed he walked over to you and brought you into a hug, lightly kissing your lips with a smile.

"That was fun" he commented while he lightly swayed with you in his arms. You nodded,

"It was! But now I'm all gross and sweaty, can you send me the footage while I hop in the shower so I can start it when I'm out?" you quizzed, going on your tip toes and pecking his lips before wiggling out of his arms,

"Or I can join you and send it over once we're finished?" he asked with a raise of his eyebrow, you shook you head and laughed.

Your shower was only quick, just so you wouldn't feel sticky for the rest of the day. You now sat at your desk, clicking open your shared folder to download all the footage. It only took a few minutes.

You opened up your editing software and dragged the files in, your face falling slightly as you saw the thumbnail to one of the clips that you had to reshoot. It was paused mid laugh for the both of you, Schlatt's grin so wholesome and sweet, but then you looked at yours and frowned.

"Is that really how I look when I smile?" you asked yourself, almost disgusted.

You'd seen your smile many times before, in the mirror, in photos and other recording but never seen it like this. But was this actually how it looked? Because you hated it if it was.

You must have spent at least 15 minutes watching over the footage but only looking at yourself and your smile, not taking in anything else. Sitting cross legged in your chair, forehead creased as your eyebrows furrowed, questioning how anyone could like your smile. There was then a light knock at your door before Schlatt let himself in, striding over to your chair and swinging his arm over the top of it.

"Nothing corrupted is it?" he asked, noticing you'd just been watching it – assuming you were checking it was all okay.

"Nope, its all.. good" you replied, looking up at him and forcing a smile. Before having a flash back to what that looked like, and stopping, turning your face quickly back to the screen.

Schlatt noticed the quick drop in your features, confusion taking over his.

"Aw look at us looking all coupley, look like a proper simp for you" he laughed, pointing at the screen where the video continued to play,

"Ha, yeah" you mumbled, eyes still only going to your smile,

"do you not like it? Thought you said it was a fun video?" he asked, turning you in your chair slightly to look at you, pulling over the spare seat you had in the room and sitting.

"It was! It's a good video. I just wish I didn't smile as much.." you shrugged, dragging the mouse over and pausing the video.

"What are you talking about? Pretending to be grumpy is my thing y/n, can't have you hiding your smile from my viewers – there would be a riot!" he replied, you watched as his smile creased his cheek.

"Don't you think its just - a bit ugly" you sighed, your eyes drifting back to your screen. You heard Schlatt scoff from beside you before he shuffled to bring his phone out of his pocket. Clicking the home button to open it and turning it to you.

"Look at that hotty" he said, you turned back to him and saw the first photo you had taken together as a couple, smile huge on your faces. He then locked it and brought up the lock screen,