19 | ➳ assumptions

chapter 19:
assumptions

kim taehyungs pov;

"because clearly she is still inlove with you" i hear jungkook say.

i laugh. "dont do that"
"bro its so obvious. how i wish she'd stare at me the way she stares at you. how i wish i was the one she's desperately waiting to see. how i wish i was the one she smiles about when she opens up her texts. these aren't assumptions because i see her. i see how she acts. she's been inlove with you for years. LITERALLY. even though your ass comes and goes randomly. you're always on her mind no matter how hard she tries."

jungkook continues to tear up as he speaks. i didn't know what to do nor say.

hearing jungkook cry about heuri like that, thinking about everything and what i have done in the past... i didn't know what to say.

"im sorry jungkook that you feel this wa—"
"dont say anything. im just gonna go home. i have a test tomorrow and im exhausted."jungkook walks off, wiping his tears.

"jungkook!" i shout, hoping he would turn around but he didnt and continued to walk away.

all this is just crazy.

i realised i seem to ruin moments or just anything in general.

i ruined heuris heart because i left, i ruined jungkook and how he feels for heuri, i ruined chaerin because i needed someone to love not because i wanted someone to love, i ruined everything.

is this a sign for me to realise i shouldn't have came back at all?

is this a sign that i should give up on heuri?

is this a sign for me to let jeon jungkook get the girl he's always wanted?

i was clueless, i was useless, i am broken.

lee heuris pov;

i wake up, seeing that it is currently 11:16am.

i rub my eyes, remembering everything that had happened last night.

i grab my phone from my charger and saw multiple messages.

[ KIM TAEHYUNG ]

kth:
hey heuri, im sorry for
everything and for ruining
your hangout with jk last
night.

kth:
i was having a stroll
at the pier and managed
to hear and saw you both.
i hope you're okay but i
feel like we need to clear
things up.

kth:
i will give you
space for now though, ok?
just contact me when you're
feeling better.

it was only messages from kim taehyung.

nothing from jeon jungkook.
why?

i decided to message jeon jungkook when i realised someone else had messaged me.

[ MIN YOONGI ]

myg:
hi ugleh sister.

myg:
ima drop by at ur school
and pick u up cos idk

myg:
i miss u i guess

myg:
ill be there in an hour
or so

lhri:
bRUVA !!

lhri:
where r u? omg i jus
woke up loike literally
jus got up

myg:
u lazy assssss, im in
the car rn at a red light.

myg:
breaking the law 😳 but
im a few minutes away

lhri:
omg really hsudjdj ill
go get ready now smh

i get ready to see my brother, yoongi.

and not gonna lie, im happy that he came. i never thought i'd need my brother at a time like this.

as i was getting ready, chaerin wakes up as i smile. "goodmorning chaerin.",

she smiles at me. "where you going? its so early."
i laugh. "its nearly 12pm chaerin"
she widens her eyes in shock. "oh what?! i have class!"
i laugh again. "its saturday."
she sighs in relief and hides underneath the blankets again.
"oh wait, where are you going?" she says as she pulls down the blanket so slightly that only her eyes are showing.
"oh im hanging with my brother today."

she nods in response as she hides underneath once again.

im glad i got to talk to chaerin like normal before i left.

after finally getting ready, i head out seeing yoongi's car parked in front of the dorm gates and him leaning on the car looking bored as always.

"brother!!" i shouted in happiness as he suddenly does his weird gummy smile and a weird dance offering a hug.

i give him a big hug as he hugs me back. "how are you my sister."
i smile. "i am good my brother hehe"

he signals me to get into the car as i followed.
"ok so where can we go now?" he asks as he starts the engine of the car.

i hummed to show that i was thinking hard. "you wanna go to the beach?" i ask.

he shook his head. "my feet will get dirty."
i roll my eyes and chuckled. "SO?! we can just chill on the benches then."

he rolls his eyes as well. "fine. just for you ill get my feet dirty"
i laugh. "thank you yoongi."

we finally arrive at the beach which was basically the pier that i went to yesterday.

of course i didn't want to go back because my dumbass keeps remembering everything that had happened yesterday but my brother was here with me.

i want to have fun and enjoy :')

i showed my brother around, making him try the night market food and showing him all the random beach shows they do and it felt really good to bond with my brother again.

we finally sit on a bench. "im happy you came over yoongi. i really needed this."
he smiles softly. "anything for you sis. i mean without jungkook telling me to go come visit you, i probably wouldn't have came over tbh."

i raise an eyebrow. "jungkook? what do you mean?"
he takes a bite of his snack. "jungkook told me to come visit you and keep you company because he said he wants you happy."

i look down, feeling myself smiling.