The beginning

It's been three days, and finally, FINALLY, George found the hidden message.

And he couldn't be more frustrated.

He always thought that as soon as the code were found, he immediately would be able to perform the spell. But it's not that simple. The code wasn't a spell, but coordinates. And the worst part, the coordinates were signaling towards the south.

How was he supposed to go right there now? In the middle of a potential war with the South Kingdom? George was lost, and didn't know what to do now. But he couldn't give up just yet.

So he will try anyway.

"There's no way that you are actually going." Sapnap was staring as George was retrieving some things to make potions.

"I have made it so far now, I can't let it go that easily."

"But it's too dangerous! Going near the South Kingdom in these times? There's better ways to die!"

"I'm not going yet... You know that a I need your father's permission."

"He won't let you! When the South kingdom attacks, all of our army will need a load of potions, you can't leave now!" Sapnap reasoned.

"I've been making potions daily, and in these moments of peace none of the other potions I have made were used, they don't need them for training." George mentioned, looking at the clock, he also already asked the king for a meeting. "I have to go, your father's waiting for me."

"He what?!" Whoops, George forgot to mention the meeting.

*

"Please be careful." The king pleaded, George just nodded while Sapnap hasn't been able to get out of his shock.

"I will." The alchemist promised.

"B-but father! " Sapnap interjected. "You know that it's dangerous, you can't just send him that easy and alone!"

"I appreciate your concern, Nick. But we both know that George's a powerful alchemist, he can bend for himself, and if what he said it's true, Dream's return can be a great advantage for us." The king looked down at his son, a kind smile on his lips, but Sapnap wasn't that happy.

"But him walking near the South castle with Dream's ashes? What if he get caught?! What if he loses the urn? What if the spell is a lie?"

"Nick, I have faith in my royal alchemist, he won't be exactly in the South's castle, he can hide, he doesn't need to wear our symbol, they can confuse him as a common villager, Dream's ashes are safe."

Sapnap's shoulders dropped, of course he will never convince his father, and now his other friend is leaving to a dangerous territory, carrying the remains of his best friend.

"I promise I won't fail you, my king. Our kingdom will not fall in the war, and our hero will return." George sounded so sure of himself, but in the inside, he was a little terrified.

That's it, George's ready to leave.

*

He departured at the sunset, George didn't like to leave when night's was starting because of zombies and skeletons, but he felt like in a hurry, they weren't sure when the South kingdom will attack, so it was better to be quick.

He wasn't that far away from the kingdom's village when he heard a faint voice calling his name. George looked around, trying to figure out where was that voice coming from, it sounded awfully familiar. George sighed, looking behind to find the right person, none but the prince from the North Kingdom.

"Dude! For someone with short legs, you really walk fast!" Sapnap was breathless, looking a bit annoyed, but also smiling like a freak.

"I'm not that short!" George started. "Also, what in the world are you doing here?"

"I'm coming with you, duh."

"But you can't do that! You're the prince! How can you leave if you were the one that was saying it's dangerous!"

"My father wasn't that happy, but in the end, he allowed me, me knew that Dream and I were besties, and how he used to train me for battle, and with you, 'the most powerful alchemist of the kingdom' We're invincible!" 

"Are you sure that you didn't escaped through the window?" George narrowed his eyes.

"Partially, I have the permission of my dad, but my mom... She's other story."

"You escaped from the queen?!" George was now scared. The queen was a good monarch just like her husband, but also an overprotective mother. If something happened to her precious son, George will be doomed.

"Yes, so we better hurry, she won't be fooled the whole night with my pillows under the blankets that are supposed to be me."

"You are insufferable."

"Also, let me carry Dream's ashes!" Sapnap started to check George's backpack, without waiting for him to take it off, he pulled out the urn, carefully getting in his own backpack.

"You really miss him, don't you?"

"I don't trust you! You could drop the urn or confusing it with sugar!" George laughed.

"Don't worry silly, I put a spell on it, now it's unbreakable and can't be opened easily. But thank you, now my backpack it's lighter." George shrugged, Sapnap sighed.

"I never thought I could end up like this, going to the end of the world, with the corpse of my best friend on my back and my second best friend determined to bring him back to life or die trying it." 

"You can turn back if you wanna." George suggested.

"No way! Despite the danger, there's a big adventure ahead! I was getting bored of the useless classes, and now I can show you how Dream taught me how to hold a sword!"

"I can't wait to see it, but at the same time, I don't want to, except for the monsters."

"Yeah, you're right."

And with that, both of them were ready for their journey. Revive a warrior? That sounded out of a fairytale, but George and Sapnap were determined, and ready to face the danger and adversities.... Right?

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter! But I promise things are getting more interesting :3