A Terrible Fortress - Part 1

This time for real, George didn't wanted to wake up.

He really likes these dreams, they were so pacific, and quiet, and painless. He didn't care that he will be tired when he wakes up.

He really likes Dream's company.

"George."

"Hmm?" He looked up, his head was resting on Dream's lap, they were just relaxing on the golden grass.

"You have to get back." Dream's lips turned into a line, it was obvious that he didn't wanted to either, but they both know that there's no choice.

"I know," George sighed. "I just want to rest of the headache a bit more."

Dream's hand caressed the back of George's head, he was bleeding, but he couldn't feel any pain, only the warmt of the warrior's hand, and they knew that as soon as George were back to the real world, everything will hurt again, and he will propably be trapped into a cell, maybe alone, without Bad or Sapnap. He hoped that at least they were doing better than him.

"What I'm going to do?" George asked, nuzzling close to Dream's chest, apparently he didn't mind the blood on his clothes.

"Be brave." Dream simply responded, wrapping his arms around George's shoulders, he snickered.

"I don't even know why I'm asking for your advice, I appreciate it, but we know that I'm going to forget all of this."

"I'm so sorry about this." Dream mumbled, George looked up at him, his mask always emotionless.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I died! If I were strong enough, you and Sapnap would not be in danger, you wouldn't have had to even leave the castle! And all of it just for the need to bring me back to life."

"You really just didn't said that."

"But it's true, all of your pain and suffering right now it's because I was weak."

"Dream. You. Are. Not. Weak." George cupped his cheeks to force him to look at him. "You died protecting us, it's the South Kingdom's fault for betraying us, you just were doing your job, and saved us. We are the weak ones, because of our selfish need to bring you back to life, because the King needs you for another war, because Sapnap misses you, because I wanted to meet you so bad. We are the weak ones, we can't even defend ourselves without you, Dream."

"I want to go back to life so bad. I want to be with you, helping you and Sapnap, defeating the South kingdom's ass once and for all, and living a pacific life with the people I love."

"It's what you deserved from the beginning. I promise I will bring you back, Dream, no matter the pain, you are going to resurrect."

"Just don't die trying it, Sapnap, your friend and you are more important than me at the moment."

They hugged tightly, Dream wishing George's good luck.

George breathed deeply, getting ready for the blood on the back of his head to have a real meaning now.

**

His eyes fluttered open, and as he feared, a splitting headache punched his skull, all of his head hurted, even moving his eyes, all of it hurt.

But the last traces of his dreams reminded him why there's not time to cry for the pain.

He got up slowly, feeling the back of his head warm and wet, but it also had a bandage. He looked around, he was laying on the most uncomfortable bed in the entire region, and he was indeed into a cell, no signals of Bad or Sapnap.